Author Topic: Frosted glass menu background  (Read 2496 times)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Frosted glass menu background
« on: October 01, 2018, 01:30:23 AM »
I've worked a bit on this, and it seems I'm very close to have something working, you can see from the screenshots that I managed to make it work both on standard menus (like exit menu called with "esc" button, or filters menu) and on "custom" menus. I jsut need some other trickery to prevent the effect to be "doubled" if you call a standard menu from a custom menu :D

There are still some issues, but most of all I can't find a way to delete the screenshot I generate every time I need to update the background. Any suggestion?

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
Re: Frosted glass menu background
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 08:09:46 AM »
looks great,  any chance to see frosted surface,s    like window panes
you could see through? :)
help a friend....

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Frosted glass menu background
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 08:14:35 AM »
looks great,  any chance to see frosted surface,s    like window panes
you could see through? :)

I don't think I can do frosted surfaces like you intend, unless we have access to the frame buffer. AFAIK GLSL shaders don't have direct access to that.

By the way, I think I made frosted glass work. There are some commands like remove() and rename() which can be used to access files, I just need to check if everything works on my Mac and I'll update my theme.

There's a routine that I call to check the latest screenshotin the AF folder, then from that I generate the name of the next screenshot, and call the "screenshot" method. I can't act on the file directly so I set a flag to be used in a tick routine.

The tick routine first moves the newly created screenshot to another name, like grab01.png, then applies that file to a picture in a surface with gaussian blur.

When the system exits it purges all the grabXX.png files in the folder, so no traces are left. And at the beginning the grabs are purged too. The rename is useful so you can still grab screenshots and they won't mess with the frosted glass grabs :)

Oh, and there's some trickery to apply for overlay menus.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 08:18:41 AM by zpaolo11x »