Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Image for Pi2, Pi3 and Pi4 - with RetroPie  (Read 523938 times)

Maouu

• View Profile
Re: Raspberry Pi Image for Pi 2 and Pi 3
« Reply #285 on: May 23, 2016, 04:07:14 PM »
Amazing !! Thanks you very much  :D

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 24, 2016, 10:51:47 PM »
FYI for Robospin... I've added the ability to switch between wheel art, vertical art and text box via layout options. The text box should come in handy on the pi for those who want a faster list. Hopefully, floob can add this to his next image build.

Floob, I recommend turning off most of robospins shader effects like CRT, Bloom, and lighted marquee as this can slow things down considerably on the pi. I noticed they were all turn on in v04. I don't remember, but I could have uploaded robospin with those options turned on. But, I honestly don't remember.  ;) Thanks...

Finhead

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 24, 2016, 11:24:22 PM »
FYI for Robospin... I've added the ability to switch between wheel art, vertical art and text box via layout options. The text box should come in handy on the pi for those who want a faster list. Hopefully, floob can add this to his next image build.

Floob, I recommend turning off most of robospins shader effects like CRT, Bloom, and lighted marquee as this can slow things down considerably on the pi. I noticed they were all turn on in v04. I don't remember, but I could have uploaded robospin with those options turned on. But, I honestly don't remember.  ;) Thanks...

Is this up for download anywhere now or just keeping it for prebuild images?

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 25, 2016, 08:04:46 AM »
Finhead-

I'll upload it today.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 25, 2016, 12:09:17 PM »
Fin-

Here it is. Would you mind testing it for me? Try switching between the wheel, vertical art, and text box. Thanks...

https://app.box.com/s/o6mekpndz8cu4toh588uhywt9vmbfeob

The theme forum has been updated as well.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 12:31:48 PM by omegaman »

Finhead

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 25, 2016, 12:10:57 PM »
Fin-

Here it is. Would you mind testing it for me? Try switching between the wheel, vertical art, and text box. Thanks...

I would but I can't download it without creating a account??
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 12:28:21 PM by omegaman »

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 25, 2016, 12:29:38 PM »
By bad, it should be fixed now. ;)

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 25, 2016, 12:36:55 PM »
I'm not digging the left text box alignment, so I might change that back to center.

Finhead

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 25, 2016, 01:43:05 PM »
Fin-

Got it , installed and tested.
Everything works perfect besides the cabinet snap/video is not aligned. It was like this on other versions as well, I'm guessing it's the vertical orientation of my screen?

I really like the vertical wheel art rather than the standard version. Again just looks and works better with my orientation.

Great addons to a nice theme. ;)

RedPhoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 25, 2016, 04:24:57 PM »
Hello,

This is awesome. I got a rasp 2 and would like to know if anyone can link me to a step by step on how to get this working?it would be great if there was a guide to follow for those not to tech savvy like myself. Thanks

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 25, 2016, 07:20:49 PM »
@Redphoenix welcome aboard there one better than written step by step tutorial,  first post links to watch floobs 2 part video it explains everything in his video and simple to follow

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 25, 2016, 07:26:23 PM »
Fin-

Thanks... Yeah, the skew bug is probably causing the alignment issue. It's usually tolerable  with common aspect ratios.

If you let me know what resolution you're using I can tweak the layout.nut for you. That, or you can edit the layout.nut and tweak the coordinates starting at line 127. Using Notepad++ comes in handy for this and it's free.

surface.set_pos(flx*0.092, fly*0.38, flw*0.226, flh*0.267); increase the flx value to move snap right, decrease to move it left. For fly, increase value to move snap down and vice versa to move up. Just use small increments. If your feeling frisky you can tweak the skew arguments as needed.   

Finhead

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 25, 2016, 11:26:36 PM »
Fin-

Thanks... Yeah, the skew bug is probably causing the alignment issue. It's usually tolerable  with common aspect ratios.

If you let me know what resolution you're using I can tweak the layout.nut for you. That, or you can edit the layout.nut and tweak the coordinates starting at line 127. Using Notepad++ comes in handy for this and it's free.

surface.set_pos(flx*0.092, fly*0.38, flw*0.226, flh*0.267); increase the flx value to move snap right, decrease to move it left. For fly, increase value to move snap down and vice versa to move up. Just use small increments. If your feeling frisky you can tweak the skew arguments as needed.   

My resolution is 1280 X 1024 so in vertical I guess it would actually be 1024 X 1280 .

I had to mess with the settings the first time I setup Robospin, can these be copy and pasted or will they not work. Seem to be different from the previous version. Here is the settings that I found to work best for my dispaly.

//video
local surface = fe.add_surface( 640, 480 );
local snap = FadeArt("snap", 0, 0, 640, 480, surface );
snap.trigger = Transition.EndNavigation;
snap.preserve_aspect_ratio = false;
surface.set_pos(flx*0.084, fly*0.385, flw*0.228, flh*0.255);
surface.skew_y = -10;
surface.skew_x = 0;
surface.pinch_y = 4;
surface.pinch_x = 0;
surface.rotation = -7.0;

Finhead

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 25, 2016, 11:36:10 PM »
Scratch that, yep that worked fine to just copy paste. :)

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 27, 2016, 09:51:10 PM »
anyone willing to share retropi 3.8/attract mode update pls for rpi3

Changes since 3.7:
Raspbian package/firmware rollups that fix the lockups with the Raspberry Pi 3 internal bluetooth.
New SDL1 dispmanx backend from Vanfanel with triple buffering which should solve some of the performance issues with the previous code. Also some additional changes are included so you can adjust the aspect ratio with env variable SDL_DISPMANX_RATIO (eg 1.33 for 4:3). The aspect ratio will be ignored if SDL_DISPMANX_IGNORE_RATIO is set and SDL1 apps will display full screen. Vice is now set to use 4:3 ratio on the Raspberry Pi.
Reicast (Dreamcast emulator), now supports multiplayer.
lr-pcsx-rearmed (PlayStation emulator) now supports 3-8 players.
Updated Raspberry Pi binaries for lr-fba-next, uae4arm, mupen64plus, Reicast, lr-picodrive, lr-nestopia, lr-pcsx-rearmed, lr-mgba, lr-genesis-plus-gx, lr-mame2003, and lr-fceum.
Added new videocore mupen64plus video plugin.
Improvements to Apple2 (supports automount now).
Added wiki viewer.
Improvements to the splashscreen module (added previewer, randomiser, and no longer requires a folder to be created in the splashscreen directory).
Various other bugfixes and minor improvements.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 09:59:39 PM by Omamez »