Author Topic: Help getting Daphne to work with an LED Marquee  (Read 1881 times)

blueadept

• View Profile
Help getting Daphne to work with an LED Marquee
« on: January 02, 2022, 05:49:06 PM »
Mame works fine with the marquee. It continues to display while playing games.

Attract-mode displays the marquee, but when it starts the game in daphne, I get a black screen. I have tried Non-Bocking Mode Wait and set it 0 to 5 and it did nothing.

Has anyone gotten an lcd marquee to work with attract-mode and daphne? Any ideas to try? Any suggestions for maybe a script or additional plugin?

akafox

• View Profile
Re: Help getting Daphne to work with an LED Marquee
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 08:46:25 PM »
Note that daphne is tricky to get working correctly...then tricky to get working from attract mode correctly...

you are able to get a game working from the daphne gui correct?

The default config did work from AM..but i had to tweak it to make it the games work correctly...comes down the the bank (dip?) switches which the gui will set correctly for you. Umm as for Daphne using the marquee I am not sure...

Also it would help to know the LCD marquee in question (a pixelcade?)
People want life easy..then complain about it

Mark Norville

• View Profile
Re: Help getting Daphne to work with an LED Marquee
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 10:25:00 PM »
It would help to have some details on your set up of Daphne. I might have mine set up differently to you.

Secondly I just booted up Dragons Lair and it goes through a post system which takes about 30 odd seconds, so waiting a few seconds is not going to do anything, you need to give it more time.

Your settings such as batch file etc would be useful though.

Regards

Mark
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville