Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Image for Pi2, Pi3 and Pi4 - with RetroPie  (Read 523345 times)

efraimsangil

• View Profile
Re: Raspberry Pi Image for Pi 2 and Pi 3
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2016, 04:53:33 AM »
@efraimsangil
Thats odd as I havent set a Nintendo DS display or emulator up in the image I uploaded?

After you upload your roms to the relevant folder, run the "Generate Collection/Rom list" option found under the emulator menu.
This should make your roms available in a display.

When I choose (left/right) mame platform and don't have any roms uploaded, I see Nintendo DS in marquee and logo. But when I upload any roms (I put marquee, logo, flyer) I show perfectly. It's rare that appear Nintendo DS :)

Finhead

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2016, 08:34:31 AM »
@efraimsangil
Thats odd as I havent set a Nintendo DS display or emulator up in the image I uploaded?

After you upload your roms to the relevant folder, run the "Generate Collection/Rom list" option found under the emulator menu.

When I choose (left/right) mame platform and don't have any roms uploaded, I see Nintendo DS in marquee and logo. But when I upload any roms (I put marquee, logo, flyer) I show perfectly. It's rare that appear Nintendo DS :)

There just place holders until the wheel is filled or if your marquee or wheel inmage is missing.

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2016, 07:22:11 PM »
@Floobs I won't post pics as FinHead just mention they are place holders, So i gather this would be more of bug to fixed in next rls of AM and have something else as a place holder.

efraimsangil

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2016, 02:37:03 AM »
@efraimsangil

There just place holders until the wheel is filled or if your marquee or wheel inmage is missing.

Appear when is missing, yes.

Misterhollyw00d

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2016, 02:16:08 PM »
I got it to work. Got the games to work the videos and wheel art just need some marquees.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=3TLsac_EfSQ

Anyone add the mame4all? If can provide link for executable of emulator would appreciate thanks

Finhead

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2016, 02:28:28 PM »
I got it to work. Got the games to work the videos and wheel art just need some marquees.

Anyone add the mame4all? If can provide link for executable of emulator would appreciate thanks

It's all I use since advmame 0.94 does not want to work in AM, works perfect in ES though.

executable           /opt/retropie/emulators/mame4all/mame
args                 [name]
rompath              /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mame-mame4all/
romext               .zip;.7z;<DIR>
system               Arcade
info_source          listxml

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2016, 08:24:32 PM »
thanks for the tip I have 16 system, and I have used up 34gigs on a 64gb leaves me with 23gb space

all system with 240 quality vids snaps

I think the more larger systems like psp, psx, n64 etc might come in handy with this great tip

nitrogen_widget

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2016, 07:43:03 AM »

It's all I use since advmame 0.94 does not want to work in AM, works perfect in ES though.

advmame has SDL issues with hardware scaling on x-windows.
Mame .78 libretro runs awesome on the RPI2 & 3.

Finhead

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2016, 08:27:49 AM »

advmame has SDL issues with hardware scaling on x-windows.
Mame .78 libretro runs awesome on the RPI2 & 3.

Ah so it's broken, good to know.
MAME .78 has about half the ROMS that I want to use as "known issues" and fail to start  or if they do start they don't respond correctly etc. And yes that is a rebuilt full set, does the exact same in Emulation Station. So I guess MAME4all if I want to use AM.  ;)

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2016, 08:40:53 AM »
1+ for mame 2003 or better yet 2010. It's still considered experimental but it works great on the RPI3.

If anyone wants to give 2010 a try you can install it by running sudo ./retropie_setup.sh and select experimental 2010 libretrocore. Once installed configure it through emulationstation then configure AM to use it.

I'm using a combination of 2010 & FBAnext with great success.

Finhead

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2016, 09:45:07 AM »
1+ for mame 2003 or better yet 2010. It's still considered experimental but it works great on the RPI3.

If anyone wants to give 2010 a try you can install it by running sudo ./retropie_setup.sh and select experimental 2010 libretrocore. Once installed configure it through emulationstation then configure AM to use it.

I'm using a combination of 2010 & FBAnext with great success.

Really? There are quit a few issues reported on the RetroPie forum for mame2010, they actually advise not to use it.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2016, 10:37:08 AM »
I think some people are having input issues and some games might not have the incorrect orientation. But, I'm using a 360 controller that seems to be working.

This is directly from the forums.

Yesterday I recevied my new RPi3, I installed Retropie and compile lr-mame2010 since has the higher supported romset. Everything seems top be working, I am able to load multiple “heavy” roms but the controller seems to keep the buttons pressed after pressing them once.

I tried with a (fake) Xbox 360 controller and also with a standard keyboard.

Does anyone had this problem? When I press TAB button to get the menu, after pushing DOWN or UP the highlighter option keeps cycling.

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Alberto

Finhead

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2016, 10:55:38 AM »
I think some people are having input issues and some games might not have the incorrect orientation. But, I'm using a 360 controller that seems to be working.

Yesterday I recevied my new RPi3, I installed Retropie and compile lr-mame2010 since has the higher supported romset. Everything seems top be working, I am able to load multiple “heavy” roms but the controller seems to keep the buttons pressed after pressing them once.

Does anyone had this problem? When I press TAB button to get the menu, after pushing DOWN or UP the highlighter option keeps cycling.

Kind regards,

Alberto

If you can't get your controller working properly and or screen is wrong those are pretty big issues no?

I think I'll revert back to RetroPie with ES, after using the AdvMAME roms that work fantastic look great and sound way better it would be hard to use the working ones in Attract Mode. Maybe they will be able to fix the issues in the future, it's a great frontend if it worked properly on the Pi.  ;)

efraimsangil

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2016, 11:33:10 AM »
Hi!

In ES, when I run mame2010 rom and exit (escape) always show rgui of retroarch and with cursor go to Quit Retroarch to finally exit.

Why? How I can fix that?

Thanks

efraimsangil

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2016, 11:52:16 AM »

Kind regards,

Alberto

Could you show your /etc/rc.local file with xboxdrv ?

Thanks