Author Topic: Hello, thanks and a humble contribution  (Read 4224 times)

seru

• View Profile
Hello, thanks and a humble contribution
« on: March 14, 2015, 11:49:32 PM »
Hello community,

Some time ago I built and arcade cabinet in which I put a debian linux and works great. I was using wahcade as frontend for a while but stopped working after some debian upgrade (sounds and focus problems). Then I was using cabrio which is wonderful but is discontinued and is so problematic to compile... again a debian testing upgrade brokes my frontend and I couldn't make it work again.
A couple a weeks ago I found Attract mode and I have to say that is everything that a linux arcade cabinet needs to be perfect! I love it!
I want to say thank you for this marvellous frontend. I noticed that there wasn't a spanish translation and due that I'm from Argentina I decided to contribute in the little way that I can. Please, Spanish speakers let me know if some mistakes are detected.

I had no compilation problems neither Debian i386 nor 64.

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, thanks and a humble contribution
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 10:51:29 PM »
This is great! Thanks Seru, I'll add your translation for the next release.

It's funny, I had exactly the same experience with wahcade, my videos just started crashing one day after an upgrade...

Glad you like the frontend, thanks again!

seru

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 08:07:08 PM »
Hello raygun, thanks for your warm welcome. I have detected some minor mistakes in the translation.  I'll send you the definitive file after correcting it.

Let me know if I can help with something else. I'm not a programmer, however I have an intermediate level of linux if you need some testers and I can contribute with further translations.

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 10:18:44 PM »
Hello raygun, thanks for your warm welcome. I have detected some minor mistakes in the translation.  I'll send you the definitive file after correcting it.

Let me know if I can help with something else. I'm not a programmer, however I have an intermediate level of linux if you need some testers and I can contribute with further translations.

Ok great, feel free to send me any corrections you come up with along the way... you can pm me here or submit them as pull requests on github.

Any help is most welcome, I'm open to suggestions if there is anything in particular that you'd like to do.   If you've got linux and are comfortable compiling attract-mode then testing the development version on github would help.