Author Topic: Add additional infos somewhere ?  (Read 7673 times)

carlhungus74

• View Profile
Add additional infos somewhere ?
« on: October 10, 2015, 06:20:39 AM »
Hi,

I'm using since several weeks now this great program. I really love it ! simple, efficient and reliable...Congratulations for it!

I'm currently using Robospin theme and I wonder if it is possible to display somewhere (even in plain text) some additional infos, for example :
- name of current list
- name of current filter
- current letter when browsing game letter by letter (sometimes with the wheel pictures, it's not easy to find what is the current letter).

Thank in advance

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Add additional infos somewhere ?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 04:05:24 PM »
Carl-

Hi! The filter is already being shown in the bottom right corner. The title and system logo can be turned on or off under display/mame/options. I'll look into the letter request. I think liquid8 is working on a search by letter plugin, not exactly what you asking for but helpful nonetheless.

FYI, I am going to upload an updated version of Robospin tomorrow. I made a few small changes and added some animated pointers - rocket, or armored hand.  Some of the changes include a smoked color underlay and enlarged year & make text. Anyway, I included pic. 

carlhungus74

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 06:08:09 AM »
Thanks. When I say "List", in fact I mean "display". Just a translation problem with my french.

So, For example I create 2 displays (same theme, but different romlist).
With some keys, I can move from a display to another, but in this case, beside the total number of roms displayed, I cannot see what is the current display.

I just see the "display name" is displayed in the "cools" theme, in the bottom right.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 06:18:13 AM by carlhungus74 »

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 09:52:46 AM »
Carl-

I can surely add that as another option in the layout to be enabled. It is just finding a spot for it without making things to cluttered.

Also, keep in mind that I've already added the ability turn on system logos for that very purpose. And, robospin already has several system logos included like atari, mame, nes, snes and sega. Yes, its a little bit more work on the user's end to add the system logo's not included and few minor changes to the code. But, it essentially serves the same purpose by giving you a visual que on what display you are using. You just need to modify the code to match what displays you have configured for AM and the corresponding system logos you want to use placed in your layout folder. See example below. Again, it's a little more work on your part, but it also gives you greater flexibility and customization. 

function transition_callback(ttype, var, ttime)
{
    switch ( ttype )
    {
        case Transition.ToNewList:
            switch ( fe.list.name )
            {

case "MAME":
                logo.file_name = "mame.png";
                break;
                case "SNES":
                logo.file_name = "snes.png";
                break;
                case "NES":
                logo.file_name = "nes.png";
                 break;           
                case "GENESIS":
                logo.file_name = "sega.png";
                break;          
        case "kat5200":
                logo.file_name = "atari.png";
                break;          
            }
         break;
    }

}

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 09:55:42 AM »
Oh, and don't forget to turn on logo under layout options if you decide on the latter.

carlhungus74

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 03:51:08 AM »
thanks for you reply. I will follow your guidelines to customize a little bit my installation.

Anyway, I wait for your robospin update !