Author Topic: Hide Command Prompt Dialogue When Launching & Exiting Games?  (Read 6563 times)

dylan1988

• "I love the power glove... It's soo bad!
    • View Profile
Hide Command Prompt Dialogue When Launching & Exiting Games?
« on: September 11, 2017, 11:22:50 PM »
Hey guys,

I'd like to know if it is possible to remove/hide the command prompt dialogue box that pops up everytime I launch or exit a game within Attract mode on PC? I'm using the latest build, and Robospin version 4 as the layout. Also, would it be possible to hide the cursor?

I have read that it is possible using RetroPie and by following the guide posted here: http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1249.0

Unfortunately that doesn't apply to a Windows setup...

Cheers,

Dylan
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 11:25:12 PM by dylan1988 »

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hide Command Prompt Dialogue When Launching & Exiting Games?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 01:57:36 AM »
Attractmode should hide the pointer cursor. To hide the loading cursor, I changed it to an invisible cursor file. I can include file in a day or two if you want. Working double shift.

As far as hiding the terminal, I as myself the same thing. It's the only sign of running a PC that I do not have hidden.

dylan1988

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 05:15:05 AM »
If you could, that would be great! It's a shame there is no work around to hide command prompt when running Attract Mode on a PC. Little jealous of those running a Linux setup of Attract Mode, with the option to hide the terminal...

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 05:48:04 AM »
Maybe you can just change the cmd.exe text color to black (plus select - save for future windows)?
I remember this trick from my windows XP days :D

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 08:03:04 AM »
What if I were to create an autohotkey script to hide the terminal window? Think it would work before it's even shown?

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 08:24:18 PM »
Mission Accomplished. It works. Console is hidden from start while the smfl window it creates remains as it should. Will refine code and release soon.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 04:00:34 AM »
Almost done with the coding, and its fully functional at this point. Will spruce up code, add docs, and push to github and bintray for download. App will hide the console, of course. But it also accepts command line params. Those params will be passed on to attract. The only contingency with this app is that it must be placed in the same folder as attract.exe, and attract.exe must not be renamed to anything else. Otherwise, it works perfectly! You can run launch.exe during production (play time), and run attract.exe directly during development for your command line.

dylan1988

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 08:05:53 PM »
Launch app has been released.

http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1872.msg13023#msg13023

You're a legend! You've enhanced Attract Mode by creating a more realistic arcade experience and for that, I could not be more grateful!