Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General / Re: exit display help
« Last post by Steven Campoli on Today at 05:03:01 PM »
Because when I use the built in one and close am it doesn’t re open on that display..for example if I close it on ps or nes and re open it that will be the selection it’s on... if I exit on the exit screen and reopen it goes to the system On the left... I want the exit screen to be the first screen when opening.

It sounds like you just solved your own problem. Make your exit emulator the first entry in your attract.cfg file (or as you call it "the system On the left") and then exit using builtin menu.

Really, I'm kidding (all though it probably would work). I see that you're the "squeaky wheel gets the oil" type of person (i.e. 50 of your 60 posts are about exiting AM across multiple threads).

Your desire isn't built into AM. You can accomplish this by using the AM exit command to call a script that you make that modifies/replaces/updates the attract.am file that holds this information. The first line of the attract.am is read when you launch AM and it tells it what to load.

First line of attract.am
Code: [Select]
5;5,1,6;

The breakdown is something like this (I figured it out a while ago so it's not fresh on my memory and you'll need to test) 5 (5th emulator listed in the attract.cfg); 5 (5th display listed in the attract.cfg), 1 (filter applied to the display); 6 (game position within the display and filter rules);

BTW - the counts listed above start at 0 and not 1 (like most things in the computer world).

What number would be the exit display? I tried them all lol...0-6 are my emulators (I don’t have many ) I try 7-8-9..-1... lol still no...
General / Need help setting up attract mode on vertical cabinet
« Last post by guilds100 on Today at 04:06:26 PM »
I have groovymame running on my vertical machine just fine by itself. When I try to use attract mode, it seems to shrink down the screen about 1/3 smaller and the picture is all blurry. Ive tried to run different themes with the same result. Im running win7 with a ~320x240 15kz crt. My windows is running stock orientation so the screen is side ways. My groovymame switches to the right orientation when it lauches. If I switch the windows orientation then groovymame doesn't like to launch. Any help would be appreciated.

Themes / Re: Brands monochrome logos
« Last post by Giacomo1982 on Today at 01:06:11 PM »
If you need some console white logos they are inside my HUD theme and if you are looking for something hard to find don't esitate to ask me! Good work  :D
« Last post by zpaolo11x on Today at 11:16:07 AM »
Exellent  idea Paolo,  it is good if you work on vector files, like svg or ai, so then I can increase size without losing quality.

That would be great but it would be too much work. It's true that most of these come from Hyperspin and are in vector format too, but for this task it's much easier and much faster to use a raster program, especially for obscure logos I don't have the time to vector-trace. :)
« Last post by Giacomo1982 on Today at 10:15:53 AM »
Exellent  idea Paolo,  it is good if you work on vector files, like svg or ai, so then I can increase size without losing quality.
Themes / Brands monochrome logos
« Last post by zpaolo11x on Today at 07:52:08 AM »
I'm working on a collection of monochrome logos from arcade brands, I took sources from many places, worked on reducing colors and cleaning up shapes, and adapted every logo to a 800x400 PNG image. The idea is to use them in a theme, so I wrote a routine that gets the brand name and produces an equivalent file name, stripping spaces and unnecessary characters.

So for example if the manufacturer is "Taito Corporation" the file will be taitocorporation.png, or if the manufacturer is "Raizing / Eighting" the file will be raizingeighting.png.

For licensed games I have yet to decide if it's better to strip the license data altogether or, as it is now, parse it so that "Cave (AMI Licens)" becomes caveamilicense.png.

I'm still gathering logos and working on the art, attached a sneak preview of the first 100 logos :D
General / Re: Issue with attract and my Mac
« Last post by zpaolo11x on Today at 07:31:00 AM »
I'm a Mac user myself, and actually turned to AM because it was the only nice frontend for MAME on the Mac :D

I had my issues in the past: AM 2.1 was good but many themes using surfaces or making use of other features crawled and had a lot of issues, then I upgraded to 2.2 and 2.3, both unofficial builds using homebrew to provide the missing libraries. These were much better, especially 2.3, I never had great issues with that. And from 2.4 we finally have an official build so I got rid of homebrew.

I'm not having any issues with that, at least I don't see much differences between my Windows 7 test machine and my Macbook Pro Retina 13" Late 2013. There is an issue with glsl shaders though, on the Mac some features are not supported, don't know if it's my graphics card (Iris), the drivers or the libraries that are used by AM. This is not a great issue though, all the themes I tested work, just some shaders I built using GL3 or GL4 commands gave me issues.

Oh, one thing I noticed is that I can only use "software" video decoding, that's why when using video-heavy themes the fan starts spinning at full speed and my mac makes the noise of a jet engine :D
Just my 2 cents but why are you even using the runcommand if you're not using ES (EmulationStation) or AM (Attract-Mode)?

Short answer: Because I told him to. ;) But I didn't have any particular reason for that besides familarity on my side, and because ES provides an easy way to configure the controls once for most RetroPi emulators (mainly all RA cores).

BUT that said, there's no real reason to not just start RA directly.

I'll also mention that by default, RA disables saving changes to its config file. To change this you need to modify RA either manually through the retroarch.cfg file or using the RA GUI.

I don't like this option very much, since it's easy to save messed-up configurations after playing around with the options. I use the manual saving function of the RA menu instead, to protect me from my own daftness.

Just my 2 cents in addition to yours. :)
Scripting / Re: Down and dirty filter
« Last post by Centurion030 on Today at 04:10:04 AM »
Brief update:

Filters working fine and I have been enjoying playing Mame under the Attract Mode front end.

I am not certain if there is a bug, but sometimes, exiting out seems to be hit or miss. No biggie as I can use the ctrl-alt-f1 and then ctrl-alt-f7 to get back to the desktop.

Anyway, been enjoying the setup and here are several pictures -- sorry about the lack of light. And, thanks again to all who helped!  8)

Best,

James
General / Issue with attract and my Mac
« Last post by keilmillerjr on Today at 03:40:11 AM »
I notice we finally have a few Mac users. I’ve been having issues with my mid-2011 iMac and attract for a few years now. Layouts on first load are usually missing an object or a few. It’s always consistent. I can’t make sense of it. Added a small snippet to mvscomplete last week, I get my background snap back but now loose the list count object. Reloading the layout corrects these issues. Doesn’t happen on my arcade machine running win10.

I also don’t get artwork working in arcadeflow. Odd.

Is everything working ok for other Mac users?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10