Author Topic: Scrapping Artwork stuck at 0%  (Read 4086 times)

dryden

• View Profile
Scrapping Artwork stuck at 0%
« on: November 21, 2017, 04:17:54 AM »
Hi guys.
I'm trying to set up a cabinet with attract mode as it's main frontend, but I cant get scraping to work. I've tried it before on another system with no issues but it this one scrapping freezes at 0%. I've even tried to copy over with the artwork form another system and then scraping only the remaining, but the result is the same, 0%.
Can someone help me out?
Thx in advance

EDIT:
Just a little more info that I forgot to post:
I total, the folder I'm trying to scrap has 9375 files (mame roms) and Attract Mode is correctly configured as I can launch them (well, most of them, because of diff mame versions)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 04:20:58 AM by dryden »

hermine.potter

• View Profile
Re: Scrapping Artwork stuck at 0%
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 05:34:27 AM »
@dryden
nearly 10.000 files needs time.
so move your roms to another folder > take a lot of some roms (20) and move it back > start AM > scratch artwork > take the next 20 roms > scratch artwork > and so on
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM

dryden

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 08:19:42 AM »
I've use Folder Axe on my roms folder and divided it into folders of 1000 files but the result is the same.  I point the frontend to the 1st folder and refresh the rom list but when I start scrapping the program still freezes. One time it got to 6% and then froze, but most of the times it freezes right at 0%.
1000 files per folder doesn't seem too much to me, on the other system I have a single mame rom folder with 3504 items and it scrapes it OK.
I really don't get what's going on. Could it be the OS? (on the working one I'm using W7x64 and in the non working one I'm using W10x64). Or maybe the fact that this one it's connected by wireless.

IceLancer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 04:48:07 AM »
I've use Folder Axe on my roms folder and divided it into folders of 1000 files but the result is the same.  I point the frontend to the 1st folder and refresh the rom list but when I start scrapping the program still freezes. One time it got to 6% and then froze, but most of the times it freezes right at 0%.
1000 files per folder doesn't seem too much to me, on the other system I have a single mame rom folder with 3504 items and it scrapes it OK.
I really don't get what's going on. Could it be the OS? (on the working one I'm using W7x64 and in the non working one I'm using W10x64). Or maybe the fact that this one it's connected by wireless.

maybe there is a problem with permissions to write? Have u tried admin? or just check permissions tab on folder or maybe ur firewall has blocked outgoing connection..there could be few things..