Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Image for Pi2, Pi3 and Pi4 - with RetroPie  (Read 523571 times)

Roverius

• View Profile
Re: Raspberry Pi Image for Pi 2 and Pi 3
« Reply #300 on: May 28, 2016, 03:00:44 AM »
@roverius
This may help with how the hotkeys work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBnKFRflEV4

You can either set hotkeys to require an "enable" button first, or to just work by pressing a single button/key.

@floob,
I have looked into this, but it seems that the file "hotkey.sh" is not located in the folder mentioned in the vid-tutorial.
Also, in the configure/controls menu there is only a option for "EXIT(Confirm) and "EXIT to Desktop"

The vid-tutorial was probably made from a older/previous version of retropie.

EDIT UPDATE:
OK, located the joypad config file:
file is located at:
/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads/name-of-joypad-usb-joystick.cfg

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 03:27:12 AM by Roverius »

Maouu

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 28, 2016, 09:34:31 AM »
Hello,

When I add favourite it appears good in my favorites list when I navigate in my filter, but he didn't written in my "MAME (Mame4all).tag" !!

if I remove or add games in the filter games by pressing the configured boutton (Remove or Add '$1' from favourites) they Add or Remove from the graphic list but not in "MAME (Mame4all).tag"

So when I restarts they do not appear or update :(

I'm using mame4all and I have 777 permissions on romlist/ and "MAME (Mame4all).tag"

Can you help me please ?!!

Thanks you.

PS: I don't use the script screen for shutdown the pi. I use the "Shutdown command" in general config and I put : shutdown -r now

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 09:39:49 AM by Maouu »

efraimsangil

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 03, 2016, 04:32:01 AM »
Hi!

I do not know if this happens to someone on the forum.

Videos play a few seconds and then stay in gray but the audio is heard perfectly. And when I hope to start the screensaver, the system break to command line and appear this msg:

AL lib: (EE) ALSAProc: mmap commit error : Broken pipe

I am using robospin-betanew theme.

Thanks

Edit 1: I am trying Game Station theme because I think it's a robospin-betanew problem.
Edit 2: Tested. It's a problem of robospin-betanew theme.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 08:24:42 AM by efraimsangil »

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 03, 2016, 09:47:33 AM »
efraimsangil-

There is nothing in robospin that would cause this issue, unless it has something to do with the shader being turned on.

I think floobs image has most of the shaders elements turned on in robospsin but nobody has complained about this issue.

If you want, under layout options try turning off the crt shader, bloom, and lighted marquee. You can also turn off the pan-scan effect by selecting a different background. You can leave on the static effect as this only is used when there is no image match.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 03, 2016, 09:51:33 AM »
The "AL lib: (EE) ALSAProc" msg is not generated from robospin. This is openal issue and is  harmless.  Raygun is aware of the issue.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 09:58:41 AM by omegaman »

efraimsangil

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 03, 2016, 10:01:32 AM »
efraimsangil-

There is nothing in robospin that would cause this issue, unless it has something to do with the shader being turned on.

I think floobs image has most of the shaders elements turned on in robospsin but nobody has complained about this issue.

If you want, under layout options try turning off the crt shader, bloom, and lighted marquee. You can also turn off the pan-scan effect by selecting a different background. You can leave on the static effect as this only is used when there is no image match.

Hi,

I am not using @Floobs version. I am downloaded source file and compiled :)

I am going to try your tips (shaders, pan-scan...)

But curiously, something similar when using robospin-betanew in another system, ODROID.

I have an Odroid Debian distribution (OGST) with AM default themes the videos it's working but robospin-betanew only I can hear the video, I do not see it.

I'm in love with your theme and not find a way to make it work 100% on both systems.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 03, 2016, 10:08:43 AM »
No problem, let me know.

efraimsangil

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 03, 2016, 10:21:40 AM »
No problem, let me know.

Indeed, I have turned off some things and now videos in RPI3 go well.

I try the same in ODROID.

Edit:  :o :o :o I think that only mp4 files happends! Now with changes, .flv don't have any problem. It's crazy this kind of problem,  ;D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:27:22 AM by efraimsangil »

Mad_Duke

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 05, 2016, 11:43:28 AM »
Hi guys!

I've added

/home/pi/Adafruit-Retrogame/retrogame &

before Exit 0    in    /etc/rc.local   

and it doesn't start on boot?    Anybody else having any problems?   I can run it after boot, but that defeats the purpose of doing it automatically because I'm doing a Gameboy mod with Raspberry inside using GPIO pins as keyboard keys..

Also,  sometimes (can't find the pattern) after exiting the roms in emulators (only in Attract-Mode, if I start Emulationstation it's not hapenning) I get a completely blank screen and can't do anything.

fbs777

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 06, 2016, 07:39:24 AM »
efraimsangil-

There are 2 options causing this issue and there's nothing to do with shaders, because there's no shader support, so choosing yes on shaders options will not change anything:
Code: [Select]
pi@retropie:~ $ attract -v
Attract-Mode v2.0.0 (Linux, SFML 2.3 +FontConfig +RPi +SWF +7z)

Using Libav for Audio and Video.
avcodec 56.1.0 / avformat 56.1.0 / swscale 3.0.0 / avresample 2.1.0

[b]Shaders are not available.[/b]

In fact the problem is choosing this 2 options:
Select bg image or panscan = panscan
Enable background Scanline = light, medium or dark
Must change to:
Select bg image or panscan = blue or retro
Enable background Scanline = none

But doing this just fix the problem for videos with low resolution (320x240) with high kbps ( ~700kbps or more).
 For higher resolutions (640x480) dont matter the layout config. options because isnt a layout problem...

efraimsangil

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 06, 2016, 08:11:28 AM »
efraimsangil-

There are 2 options causing this issue and there's nothing to do with shaders, because there's no shader support, so choosing yes on shaders options will not change anything:
pi@retropie:~ $ attract -v
Attract-Mode v2.0.0 (Linux, SFML 2.3 +FontConfig +RPi +SWF +7z)

Using Libav for Audio and Video.
avcodec 56.1.0 / avformat 56.1.0 / swscale 3.0.0 / avresample 2.1.0

[b]Shaders are not available.[/b]

In fact the problem is choosing this 2 options:
Enable background Scanline = light, medium or dark
Must change to:
Select bg image or panscan = blue or retro
Enable background Scanline = none

But doing this just fix the problem for videos with low resolution (320x240) with high kbps ( ~700kbps or more).
 For higher resolutions (640x480) dont matter the layout config. options because isnt a layout problem...

Thanks for info. But I don't understand something...

Why if I use nevato theme I NEVER have a problem like this?

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 06, 2016, 11:46:47 AM »
efraimsangil-

The nevato theme uses a lot of the same robsospin code. The only difference being the shader options that robospin has. And, I'm not using the fade module, not sure about the current version of nevato without checking his script.

As you probably know, HWaccel is needed for HQ videos. I'm still running LQ videos on my build but supposedly the newest AM build supports HWaccel but I haven't tested it. Has anyone else?

efraimsangil

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 06, 2016, 12:47:58 PM »
efraimsangil-

The nevato theme uses a lot of the same robsospin code. The only difference being the shader options that robospin has. And, I'm not using the fade module, not sure about the current version of nevato without checking his script.

As you probably know, HWaccel is needed for HQ videos. I'm still running LQ videos on my build but supposedly the newest AM build supports HWaccel but I haven't tested it. Has anyone else?

Yes... I use only LQ videos. But I am tested that mp4 files have problems so if I can... I use flv files.

Hmmmm I am keep testing. I think that robospin use a "bug module". Because I have ALL videos (mp4 / flv) working perfectly in Nevato. Only I have problem with robospin.

Maybe I'm saying nonsense, but the result of the tests is that.

Thanks @omegaman

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 06, 2016, 04:23:11 PM »
@ efraimsangil

I use LQ from emu and have not had any issues what so ever on rpi 3

fbs777

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 08, 2016, 12:13:15 AM »

Hmmmm I am keep testing. I think that robospin use a "bug module". Because I have ALL videos (mp4 / flv) working perfectly in Nevato. Only I have problem with robospin.

Maybe I'm saying nonsense, but the result of the tests is that.

Thanks @omegaman
yes, this is a bug module in the pan-and-scan module, or at least a bad use of this module on the robospin-betanew.

Is easy to see the bug:
open the layouts/robospin-betanew/layout.nut and change the line 53

local bgart = PanAndScanArt( "flyer", 0, 0, flw, flh);

to:
local bgart = PanAndScanArt( "snap", 0, 0, flw, flh);

Or download the attached layout.nut

In the layout options choose the panscan to show flyers:

and:
background scanline = none

You will see another video instead the flyer in the background, and this second video will not turn in gray, only the normal cabinet video. (Of course both videos will turn in gray and crash if using a HD video)

A lot of LQ videos from emumovies are crashing when the pan-and-scan module is activated, but the background scanline option will do the same problem on some LQ videos like the aburner.mp4 (320x240) (see the attached file)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 12:19:57 AM by fbs777 »