Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Image for Pi2, Pi3 and Pi4 - with RetroPie  (Read 523686 times)

efraimsangil

• View Profile
Re: Raspberry Pi Image for Pi 2 and Pi 3
« Reply #315 on: June 08, 2016, 01:58:38 AM »
@fbs777

You are right. :)

I don't have knowledge about Squirrel programming but I make some test.. editing the template to learn how it's works.

Thanks a lot.

Maouu

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 09, 2016, 07:28:27 AM »
Hello, I've just one question please !!  :)

How can I hide the runcommand menu at the boot of game ?!
Because when I press a button at the runcommand display I have not possibility to have this display :

How can I have this display menu ?!!

I try all the button but I have not this display menu, I just have this menu :

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: It's ok I must to launch : sudo ./retropie_setup.sh  in /home/pi/RetroPie-Setup (section: Setup/configuration --> Configure the 'runcommand' - Launch script)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 07:48:00 AM by Maouu »

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 09, 2016, 09:14:30 AM »
Fbs-

Thanks for the info. I couldn't reproduce this when I tried it on windows 10 when efraimsangil first reported it. But, I have an idea what might be causing this on Linux.

Could someone test this layout.nut for me.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 10:34:55 AM by omegaman »

efraimsangil

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 09, 2016, 09:42:11 AM »
Fbs-

Thanks for the info. I couldn't reproduce this when I tried it on windows 10 when efraimsangil first reported it. But, I have an idea what might be causing this on Linux.

Could someone test this layout.nut for me.

Let me test :)

Edit 1:
I'll leave the RPI3 working alone for several hours and see what happens.
I put jpg files in the folder and flyers I noticed that wheels is slower.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 10:34:35 AM by efraimsangil »

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 09, 2016, 11:59:40 AM »
Cool... So, it's good so far, right?  I changed the wheel speed from 25 to 50 ms for some testing.  You can change the wheel speed to 30 under options and that should help a lot. ;)

« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 12:30:34 PM by omegaman »

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 09, 2016, 12:37:48 PM »
I should be able to take robospin out of beta once this has been tested by you guys.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 09, 2016, 05:45:08 PM »
I am waiting here with baited breath.  :)   

fbs777

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 09, 2016, 11:45:38 PM »
No, the new layout.nut dont change anything. Dont matter the wheel speed value, tested here even with 400ms and just make the transition slower with the same video bug.

And the wheel scroll with panscan enabled is a lot slower. When scrolling i can see the flyers of each game while scrolling , so the line bgart.trigger = Transition.EndNavigation; isnt working as expected and maybe the search for flyers in each wheel scroll instead of only after stop to scroll is causing the slowdown.

Maybe im having more videos with problem here because i have a raspberry pi 2, not a rpi 3...

I tried more gpu ram changing from 256 to 512 but nothing changed...

This is a short video with this new layout.nut and with video snaps instead the flyer to see the same video working fine in the background:

https://vimeo.com/170120359
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 12:03:04 AM by fbs777 »

efraimsangil

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 10, 2016, 01:22:30 AM »
@omegaman

Hi,

I am tested the new layout.nut and RPI3 never crashed  ;D

I use this kind of video file (attached).

For me... GOOD JOB! :) Now I am goin to test in Odroid  8)

[attachment deleted by admin]

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 10, 2016, 06:21:12 AM »
efraimsangil-

Thanks for the feedback.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 10, 2016, 06:46:06 AM »
fbs777-

The rpi2 is going to struggle mightily with any options like pan-scan turned on. And, the wheel art is probably going to be a little more sluggish than say on the rpi3. That said, are you using floob's image or your own? Are you running AM from x11 or framebuffer? 

fbs777

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 10, 2016, 10:30:04 AM »
@omegaman

Im using the v.03 floob's image on framebuffer.

And, the wheel art is probably going to be a little more sluggish than say on the rpi3
yeah, but i think its because the flyer is loading in every scroll so the bgart.trigger = Transition.EndNavigation isnt working as expected. If you press and hold the down key you will see the flyers changing too instead to stay in the last game selected before press the button. In a faster system this isnt noticiable, but in a slow system this can do the same slowdown effect as trying to update the videos in every wheel change.

But i tried the efraimsangil's aburner2.flv w/ the same resolution and a similar bitrate comparing with the aburner2.mp4 from emumovies and its working fine, so maybe the problem is just with some .mp4 files

@efraimsangil

Where did you get the .flv movies version? I have the emumovies and the pleasuredome packs but both are .mp4 files. Im downloading right now the videos for hyperspin on progettosnaps to see if this is .flv version
First i tried to convert the mp4 videos to flv but but i got errors in some videos using the format factory...

edit: i found in the pleasuredome an old flv pack. Im downloading to test
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 11:02:31 AM by fbs777 »

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 10, 2016, 11:42:36 AM »
fbs777-

Ok, I might need to create a surface for the flyers and set them to a fixed resolution like I do for snaps. The flyers come in all kind of sizes, so I probably should have done that in the first place. I check it out today.

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 10, 2016, 08:51:43 PM »
@ floobs are you all over this 2.1.0 and 3.8.1 :-)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 08:53:39 PM by Omamez »

efraimsangil

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 11, 2016, 02:38:49 AM »
@omegaman

Im using the v.03 floob's image on framebuffer.

And, the wheel art is probably going to be a little more sluggish than say on the rpi3
yeah, but i think its because the flyer is loading in every scroll so the bgart.trigger = Transition.EndNavigation isnt working as expected. If you press and hold the down key you will see the flyers changing too instead to stay in the last game selected before press the button. In a faster system this isnt noticiable, but in a slow system this can do the same slowdown effect as trying to update the videos in every wheel change.

But i tried the efraimsangil's aburner2.flv w/ the same resolution and a similar bitrate comparing with the aburner2.mp4 from emumovies and its working fine, so maybe the problem is just with some .mp4 files

@efraimsangil

Where did you get the .flv movies version? I have the emumovies and the pleasuredome packs but both are .mp4 files. Im downloading right now the videos for hyperspin on progettosnaps to see if this is .flv version
First i tried to convert the mp4 videos to flv but but i got errors in some videos using the format factory...

edit: i found in the pleasuredome an old flv pack. Im downloading to test

This is all snap that I have (mp4/flv): http://ul.to/f/bjingt