Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Image for Pi2, Pi3 and Pi4 - with RetroPie  (Read 523644 times)

Nicodemus

• View Profile
Re: Raspberry Pi Image for Pi 2 and Pi 3
« Reply #405 on: August 18, 2016, 03:21:18 PM »
attached photo. Ignore the man behind the curtain  :o
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 03:52:08 PM by Nicodemus »

Kayin

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 18, 2016, 06:47:37 PM »
Weird, where does it fail? I found arcade to be finnicky myself but I'd get the window and then the rom wouldn't read for some reason, so where arew you at?

Though in my case I built my own AM setup over retropie rather than using floobs image so maybe there are some differences there.

Nicodemus

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 18, 2016, 06:51:30 PM »
It fails to load the rom. I do get the runcommand menu, but the only option I have is to change the video mode of the rom, no option to choose the emulator to run the rom?

Kayin

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 18, 2016, 07:17:49 PM »
OH. MISSING A SPACE

you got _SYS_arcade but you need _SYS arcade

Hope it works perfectly!

Nicodemus

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 19, 2016, 03:02:45 PM »
Unfortunately, that didn't work either.  :-\

Trekdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 19, 2016, 03:51:38 PM »
Its probably ask a thousand times... Can someone please tell me how to install Attract mode. Is it possible to flash it on top of my up and running RetroPie?

Floob

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 19, 2016, 03:59:39 PM »

@Nicodemus

Code: [Select]
0 _SYS_ arcade "[romfilename]"
RetroPie Help Guides: https://goo.gl/3gcNsT

bdebon

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 19, 2016, 06:19:16 PM »
Hello everybody and hello Floob !

Thank you for your amazing work.
I have an issue and I can't find the answer on the internet so I will ask the question here :
I've just installed your last image, the v0.4
Everything is perfect except for one thing that I can't make it work.
When I am launching a game, there is that dialog box :
"Press a button to configure"

When I actually press a button, nothing happens... and I would like things to happen !
Have you ever had this issue ? Have you an idea of how make it work ?
I use a i-pac 2 but even if I try any key on my keyboard that does not change anything. It doesn't work on emulstation either.

It was working great with my previous retropie installation... I you have an idea I'm listening !

(I am downloading the huge 17GO img ! I am so impatient to see all the animation, and the beautiful themes with all that content !)

Kayin

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 20, 2016, 02:11:14 AM »
Nicodemus keeps getting hit by sneaky spaces. D:

Its probably ask a thousand times... Can someone please tell me how to install Attract mode. Is it possible to flash it on top of my up and running RetroPie?

Its pretty easy now compared to back awhile ago.
https://github.com/mickelson/attract/wiki/Compiling-on-the-Raspberry-Pi-(Raspbian-Jessie) Follow this step by step. Then you can just make a simple script in ports that launches it.

Trekdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 20, 2016, 03:45:01 AM »

https://github.com/mickelson/attract/wiki/Compiling-on-the-Raspberry-Pi-(Raspbian-Jessie) Follow this step by step. Then you can just make a simple script in ports that launches it.

Thanks for the reply, will try it now! Just to make sure, i can run this when i have a perfect retropie allready on my sd?

rawbe

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 20, 2016, 05:06:01 AM »
I used Floob's recent image. I was always fine when I used it for the xbox 360 controller. Its when I used it with the arcade cabinet I have that caused it go crazy when I would exit the game it would it select it again or scroll like crazy etc.
I was able to make it stable now. I don't know if this helps anyone that is having the same issue. On ES I would make sure the xbox360 is disabled if not going to be using it. Go into a game from each emulator your using and set your controls. I set my hot key and exit key as the same. When you exit at first it will still go wack. But after I delete old retroarch file and rename the new one created. Usually after this if I start up any game again for that emulator it will work fine and exit with no real issues.
I have been having the same problem with the same image. Also I am using the Pi's Gpio pins for my joysticks/buttons. When I exit a game the controls go crazy and a random game is selected. This can happen 3-5 times before AM starts acting right again. So you are adding custom controls to each emulator? Please explain....thanks!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 05:09:02 AM by rawbe »

Nicodemus

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 20, 2016, 07:41:01 AM »
@ Floob & Kayin.

That was it! sneaky spaces is right!

Kayin

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 20, 2016, 11:59:09 AM »

Thanks for the reply, will try it now! Just to make sure, i can run this when i have a perfect retropie allready on my sd?

That's how I did it, yeah! Setting up little details (like if you want to use runcommand, mostly because it doesn't give useful errors) can be a little annoying but other than that it works perfectly.

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 21, 2016, 12:35:39 AM »
@Floobs any news on new image and bug fixes? 8)

Misterhollyw00d

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 21, 2016, 12:14:42 PM »
Include retropie 4.0 next release