Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Confirmation menus (e.g. exit, add to favorites) are messed up  (Read 2648 times)

dedbob

• View Profile
I already have a 128GB image of AM working properly, but am setting up another one for a 32GB SD card on a RPie3.  Downloaded an image to get started, but found one strange behavior with this AM image that I never saw before.

Basically, all of the confirmation prompts (exit confirmation, "add to favorites" confirmation, etc..) where you are prompted to pick from a list of options, don't work properly.  Instead of showing the actual list of options, it shows the "displays menu" list.  Even stranger, this list of displays is completely static, and you can't actually navigate up/down in the list.  However, if you do the correct inputs the operation will work (e.g. hitting "up" and then "a" on the exit confirmation, it will exit AM) even though you don't see anything changing in the "displays menu" that's shown.

First question is, does anyone know why this would happen?  Anyone heard of this before?  I searched around and couldn't find any reference of this issue anywhere.

Second question, since I do already have a perfectly working install of AM on another SD card, does someone know which files control the confirmation prompt behavior?  I was hoping it might be as easy as replacing a file or two to resolve the issue.

Running AM v2.2.1 if that makes any difference. I updated it a couple weeks ago and this behavior didn't change before/after the update.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 09:49:12 AM by dedbob »

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Confirmation menus (e.g. exit, add to favorites) are messed up
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 08:45:13 PM »
Your problem is likely due to a poorly written layout. Change your layout to "Basic" and test to see if you still have the issue.

dedbob

• View Profile
Re: Confirmation menus (e.g. exit, add to favorites) are messed up
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 03:42:03 PM »
I didn't realize these confirmation prompts were tied to layouts, so this was helpful to investigate further.  I'm using the "Unified" themes, and when I tried a couple other themes "Basic" and "Robospin_v4" the problem went away.

The strange thing is that I copied over the "unified", "unified-arcade", "unified-displaymenu", and "unified-favorites" directories from my working 128GB SD card which does not exhibit this issue, and the problem still persists on my 32GB card.

So it seems tied to the Unified layout somehow, but simply overwriting the layout directories did not resolve it.  Still a bit puzzled.

dedbob

• View Profile
Brought this up with dmmarti and confirmed that there's some custom formatting of the popup menus in the Unified themes that must have become incompatible with most recent AM release.

Removing this section from the layout file resolved the issue.

For anyone else who runs into this issue, you need to comment/remove everything below the following block in the layout.nut files:

///////////////////////////////////////
// Themed Overlay Display Menu
// Add this block of code to the very end of any layout.nut file to have
// a centered theme-able menu