Author Topic: Accidentally deleted FBA from my emulators list  (Read 10207 times)

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Accidentally deleted FBA from my emulators list
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 10:08:13 PM »
Quote from: akafox
I answered that here: http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1764.0

I tried that, and it didn't get me the game names... perhaps I did it wrong?

Regardless, they're redundant as the game logos come up already - I just need to find the Layout.nut that cools is using and try to delete that part I guess.

Do you have advmame installed? It's not part of the default RetroPie install, it needs to be installed separately.

I do no have advmame installed... It appears on my emulators list, but never installed it.

At this point I would be way happier if I could just remove that part altogether from the Cools layout screen... would be much cleaner, as the titles are pretty redundant. Just gotta figure out the Cools layout.nut... like where to find it LOL.

/usr/local/share/attract/layouts/Cools/layout.nut

You can just remark out the lines in the "// Game title text" section.

P.S. You can place a copy of the Cools layout in the /home/pi/.attract/layouts/ folder which will superseded the builtin one if that works better for you.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 12:31:25 AM by progets »

mortron

• View Profile
Re: Accidentally deleted FBA from my emulators list
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2017, 04:20:11 PM »
Thanks,

It's not on my device in the layouts folder for some reason... There is another thread where the person had the same issue. Not sure why it's like that, but if sticking a copy of the folder in the layouts directory will override wherever it's getting it's config from now, I will try that.

Thank you.