Author Topic: [download v1.0] FLAT BLUE theme released  (Read 181968 times)

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [download v1.0] FLAT BLUE theme released
« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2016, 10:11:30 PM »
Crt shader has no effect for me using am 2.2.0 on Mac OS. Some sort of indicator of a favorite would be a good addition, and possibly the ability to change the themes overall color in the future.

Otherwise, everything else works good and looks great!

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #106 on: December 27, 2016, 12:56:25 AM »
hmmm... I have to check it with 2.2. I'm still on 2.0 (on mac) and CRT shader is working correctly.

FAV indicator is a blue ring around game icon. BLUE=fav WHITE=not-fav

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2016, 01:19:06 AM »
@Mettekr

Going with images vs videos made in functional, but not smooth/fast.. Also makes it more boring  :)
I wasn't thinking about this as a permanent solution :) - just to check if THIS is making it slow.

Do you know which script is doing the heaviest load?
I don't know - the whole theme was coded by chrisvg. Unfortunately he doesn't have RPi to test the code - or to test what part of the code makes it slow, to be exact.

I really love the look of this, so hopefully we can figure something out.
Me too. But I'm afraid that the underlying code that makes the theme so functional - auto-adaptable to aspect/resolution/orientation - is too much for RPi to handle.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 01:24:14 AM by verion »

Spinelli

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2016, 11:17:55 AM »
Awesome theme!

:D ;D

Mettekr

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2016, 11:18:35 AM »
I was wondering if all of that code i see about the scale and stuff might be the problem. i was going to try to poke around with what i could strip out just to make it work on my own system. i'll let you know if i have any luck.

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2016, 11:46:35 AM »
@Mettekr

Cool - let me know if you can find what slows RPi down. Then maybe we can disable this part (via config) or simply rewrite it.

-------------------------

@keilmillerjr

I've checked it on AM 2.20 (on mac, OS X 10.11.4) - and CRT shader is working correctly. The same for win7.
I'm assuming you've enabled it in layout config?  CRT SHADER > ENABLED, because it's disabled by default
It should look like the one in attachment. This shader doesn't add screen curvature effect (it's disabled).

Thamiel

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2016, 03:49:15 PM »
Thanks so much for the release, been waiting on this to finish up my cabs. Just installed on my horizontal cab and it works flawlessly. You're a legend!

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #112 on: December 27, 2016, 04:43:36 PM »
Thanks for letting us know that it is working. Game on!

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2016, 06:56:26 PM »
@Mettekr

Cool - let me know if you can find what slows RPi down. Then maybe we can disable this part (via config) or simply rewrite it.

-------------------------

@keilmillerjr

I've checked it on AM 2.20 (on mac, OS X 10.11.4) - and CRT shader is working correctly. The same for win7.
I'm assuming you've enabled it in layout config?  CRT SHADER > ENABLED, because it's disabled by default
It should look like the one in attachment. This shader doesn't add screen curvature effect (it's disabled).

I’m running 10.11.4 as well. Results can be seen in screenshot.

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2016, 07:13:06 PM »
I can see that your resolution is 2560x1440 - maybe it's too high for a shader. But that's a blind shot. Can you lower res. or switch to HiDPI 1280x720 and try again?

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2016, 06:11:30 PM »
I can see that your resolution is 2560x1440 - maybe it's too high for a shader. But that's a blind shot. Can you lower res. or switch to HiDPI 1280x720 and try again?

I just tried at the lowest resolution my iMac allows, 1280x720. Still no go. Very odd that we have the same setup and one works and the other doesn’t. Possible that we have different video? AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB.

This weekend I’m going to install on my windows 10 with lcd and see if it works. It will eventually be hooked up to a crt.

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #116 on: December 29, 2016, 12:40:40 AM »
I'm afraid this problem is specific to your system.
And yes... I have different video - integrated in my Macbook Air and Nvidia GT240, GTX750 and GTX980 in my other macs. Shader is working on all of them.

I remember having strange problem with AM the other day that I couldn't get rid off, and no-one could replicate it. It went away after clean reinstall (the whole system + AM), but I had to do this anyway - for other reasons :D

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 29, 2016, 02:58:27 AM »
I'm afraid this problem is specific to your system.
And yes... I have different video - integrated in my Macbook Air and Nvidia GT240, GTX750 and GTX980 in my other macs. Shader is working on all of them.

I remember having strange problem with AM the other day that I couldn't get rid off, and no-one could replicate it. It went away after clean reinstall (the whole system + AM), but I had to do this anyway - for other reasons :D

I'll try a clean install tonight. Was your strange problem a black screen with audio only? This happens almost every time for me. Quit and reopen app and it works. Really weird. It did it with attract 2.1 as well as 2.2

RandoCalrisian

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 29, 2016, 06:34:14 AM »
Another excited turned sad RPi3 user here.  There is an astounding shortage of good portrait themes for RPi, and this was so cool looking.  Unfortunately, the RPi simply cannot handle this theme.

Such a bummer ...  :(

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #119 on: December 29, 2016, 07:02:36 AM »
We could release a dedicated version of this theme for RPi - with all the extra code that makes the theme auto-adapting simply removed.
But this means it has to be fixed aspect - most likely 4:3 (horizontal) and 3:4 (vertical) - but I'm not so sure that this is not a false assumption.

If you are RPi user please chime in - what's your screen aspect? Is 4:3 and 3:4 enough?
And most important - does 3:4 (vertical) screen should be "rotated 90 deg" for RPi (that means your console/desktop resolution is horizontal/normal and AM layout is displayed rotated/sideways).
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 04:58:21 PM by verion »