Author Topic: How to modify the theme to be screen saver?  (Read 2839 times)

kent79

• View Profile
How to modify the theme to be screen saver?
« on: February 14, 2017, 06:25:04 PM »
Hi All,

Anyone can help me how to modify theme code to be screen saver?

My idea is auto play snap video radomly as below theme. I don't know the code. Anyone can teach me? Thanks

Simple Game Station for widescreen Theme
http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1393.0
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 12:27:20 AM by kent79 »

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to modify the theme to be screen saver?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 07:22:22 PM »
Disable screensaver plugin. Create a screensaver class. Create a ticks callback within the class that updates a class variable. Create a class transition callback to update another class variable with the tick value. Create another ticks callback that executes your screensaver code when you receive ticks value greater than value for the transition value + your wait value. Be sure to update an active value. When Your transition callback is triggered and screensaver is active, execute your screensaver hide/off code (and update your active value).

I’ve already done this with my mvscomplete theme (but updates have not been pushed to github). I kind of scrapped the theme in favor of the flavors theme, which I hope will have an mvs option. I just don’t understand the conveyor module. I had an idea to write my own module, but haven’t the time. I just got out of the hospital too due to a head injury at work. My coding will probably be put on hold for a while. I’m all fVcked up. If you want to see my screensaver code, send me a pm and I’ll share it with you kent.