Author Topic: Clones (Again)  (Read 4089 times)

epicrean

• View Profile
Clones (Again)
« on: February 23, 2017, 06:52:23 PM »
I am still trying to filter out clones.   I went to this forum post: http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=200.0   then I went here  https://github.com/mickelson/attract/wiki/Example-filters.   I believe I followed the steps but the clones still appear.   I added this to my attract CFG file

filter               "No Clones"
      rule                 CloneOf not_equals .*

But when I launch Attract mode I still have a ton of clones and can't seem to see a difference.    When I press tab and go to display then go to MAME I can also see the rule is listed

Nick

• View Profile
Re: Clones (Again)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 05:19:00 AM »
epicrean,

is this no clones filter the first one in your display? Are you sure you're not on the default All filter?
By default I didn't have a key assigned to toggle through the filter.
Also you may want to use a layout that displays the filter name to make sure you're on the right one.
I hope that helps.

epicrean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 02:40:04 PM »
Nick,

Sorry this doesn't help at all as I am not really following what you are saying.   Could you break this down barney style in basic steps to follow?

Nick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 03:09:16 PM »
epicrean,

well first thing to know is what platform are you running AM on? Windows? Or a flavor of Linux?
Second, is can you locate your attract.cfg file? If so open it in an editor and copy/paste the content here for us to look at it.

Here's a basic example of a Display that you can find in attract.cfg:
Code: [Select]
display Arcade
layout               nevato
romlist              mame
in_cycle             yes
in_menu              yes
filter               All
        filter               "No Clones"
rule                 CloneOf not_equals .*
filter               Favourites
rule                 Favourite equals 1
your layout maybe different, nevato is just my favorite.
Notice how I have different filters all in the same display? By default a display will go to the first filter which is "All"
In AM press TAB and go to "Controls", scroll down a bit until you see "Previous Filter" and "Next Filter" for each, assign a key. to each. I used R and F simply because it mapped to my second joystick but you can use anything.
Now press ESC to go back to the main AM screen, and press the key you assign to the next filter and it should filter only the roms with are not clones.