Author Topic: Robospin Universal Theme (Updated 19/01/18)  (Read 12106 times)

BadFurDay

• View Profile
Robospin Universal Theme (Updated 19/01/18)
« on: January 18, 2018, 02:10:01 PM »
Hi everyone,

This is a theme that combines all the robospin themes from this post into one big easier to manage theme.  I've tried to make it as customisable as possible so there are a lot of options for you to play about with in there.  I'll list the supported systems/displays and what you should call them for it to work out the box though you can just rename the systems .nut file if you prefer.

Amstrad CPC
Atari 2600
Atari 5200
Atari 7800
Atari Lynx
Bandai WonderSwan Color
Bandai WonderSwan
ColecoVision
Commodore 64
Commodore Amiga CD32
Commodore Amiga
Commodore CDTV
GCE Vectrex
Magnavox Odyssey 2
Mattel Intellivision
Microsoft MS-DOS
Microsoft MSX
Microsoft MSX2
NEC PC Engine
NEC PC Engine-CD
NEC SuperGrafx
NEC TurboGrafx-16
NEC TurboGrafx-CD
Nintendo 64
Nintendo DS
Nintendo Entertainment System
Nintendo Famicom Disk System
Nintendo Famicom
Nintendo Game & Watch
Nintendo Game Boy Advance
Nintendo Game Boy Color
Nintendo Game Boy
Nintendo Super Famicom
Nintendo Virtual Boy
ScummVM
Sega 32X
Sega CD
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Game Gear
Sega Genesis
Sega Master System
Sega Mega Drive Japan
Sega Mega Drive
Sega Mega Drive 32x (Newly added)
Sega Mega-CD
Sega SG-1000
Sinclair ZX Spectrum
SNK Neo Geo AES
SNK Neo Geo MVS
SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color
SNK Neo Geo Pocket
Sony PlayStation
Sony PSP Minis
Sony PSP
Super Nintendo Entertainment System

This isn't the finished product so I'll list some bugs/kinks I'm aware of (any help is appreciated):

1) You must exit the theme to another otherwise the layout won't change, this is because the .nut file only loads when the theme loads.  Easy fix is to have a theme on your displays menu and don't scroll through your displays with a button press.
2) Some systems might not show the cartart well, this is for the sytems I struggled to find cartart for so if you can point me in the right direction I'll get it and get it looking right. Some I have done you might not like where they are, apologies.
3) The button guide is limited to PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Wii U buttons. It also may look funny if you don't use the BebasNeue Book font provided in the zip file.
4) The snap bloom, crt scanline and crt shader don't do anything. Crt scanline does effect one display (I forget which one, an Atari one I think) that I was working on it with, I'm hoping to add it to them all.
5) The option to sweep in boxart works good with the robospin wheel but not the conveyor module, I also think some displays are missing this, this is WIP.

There may be more bugs/kinks, just let me know I'll see if I can fix them.  Now for some of the nice points about the theme:

1) Supports the standard robospin wheel and ArcadeBliss' conveyor module, you can select between the two in the options.
2) You can select PAL or NTSC to change the Game Gear and SNES layouts to show your right region.
3) You have the option for CD's to sweep from behind the case/boxart, rotate, both or stay static.
4) It has option to show the manufacturer logos, player count, play count, filter and list number, genre logo and region logo, some of these or all can be turned off.
5) Button guide if it suits what you use and works well is a nice feature, can easily be turned off if not.
6) Made a nice RetroPie missing wheel logo to replace any missing wheels.

Hope you all enjoy, really looking for feedback on this to try improve it.

19/01/18 - I had been working on the game information and left it in a mess so it didn't work when you turned off the button guide, this is now fixed.

https://mega.nz/#!94lBQaTZ!NB4gPxFFsW8WjAca9IpfO5OjbmpCdcB6XNiKas4M88U

You can find the conveyor module here: http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1945.0
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 01:37:35 PM by BadFurDay »

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
Re: Robospin Universal Theme
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 07:00:44 PM »
totally a worthy project....
   dont mind if i do..  thanks
help a friend....

virtualman

• View Profile
Re: Robospin Universal Theme (Updated 19/01/18)
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 07:37:51 AM »
I only need Layout Robospin - Bandai WonderSwan Color for retropie attract is there direct

yelever

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 04:03:54 PM »
Having trouble running this.  Every time I pick Universal theme for the system it crashes attract mode.  Not sure why it's doing it.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 06:07:15 PM »
I am having trouble running this too. It freezes my setup.

One console you are missing is Panasonic 3DO. Where is the love?!  :-[ And Neo-Geo CD

And I know of some Japanese computers and British computers you are missing if you or anyone wants to try to make them... (I am terrible at that kind of thing).

(I'll get you a list soon)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 06:34:35 AM by akafox »
People want life easy..then complain about it

fragovic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 12:22:25 AM »
I tried to set this layout but it doesn't work, everything freezes .... Are there solutions? Thanks...