Author Topic: "Confirm favorite" option question  (Read 3734 times)

Arcadefan1

• View Profile
"Confirm favorite" option question
« on: November 19, 2017, 01:48:04 PM »
Hi guys,
I have one button dedicated to toggle a game to favorite or remove it from favorites.
Now when I accidentally hit the favorite button while I am on the favorite list, the game disappears immediately from the favorite list. To get it back I have to find it in another filter list... a little annoying... but I only want the "confirm favorite" option when I am about to remove a game from the favorite list. On the other lists I want to toggle favorites without confirming first.
Any chance this is doable?

kent79

• View Profile
Re: "Confirm favorite" option question
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 04:29:26 PM »
AM Configure [Tab] -> General -> Confirm Favorite -> YES   

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 12:39:37 AM »
Hi guys,
I have one button dedicated to toggle a game to favorite or remove it from favorites.
Now when I accidentally hit the favorite button while I am on the favorite list, the game disappears immediately from the favorite list. To get it back I have to find it in another filter list... a little annoying... but I only want the "confirm favorite" option when I am about to remove a game from the favorite list. On the other lists I want to toggle favorites without confirming first.
Any chance this is doable?

You're trying to split hairs. It's either both have confirm or neither have confirm as far as I know. If you don't want to make mistakes with the "confirm" off, make your key/button combination multiple keys/buttons.

Arcadefan1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 10:56:56 AM »
I know it's an uncommon request. ;) somehow I didn't put enough thoughts into my controlpanel layout. I made the button1 my "toggle favorite" button. I think I have to just enable the confirm favorite option then.

Thx anyway!

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 11:01:15 AM by Arcadefan1 »

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 11:14:38 AM »
If your good at programming, you could always create this feature. Attractmode can run on transitions and intercept key signals.

Arcadefan1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 12:12:46 PM »
If your good at programming, you could always create this feature. Attractmode can run on transitions and intercept key signals.

Can you provide some key words please? Something to get me started? Maybe point me to some code where something similar is done...

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 04:40:03 AM »

Can you provide some key words please? Something to get me started? Maybe point me to some code where something similar is done...

https://github.com/mickelson/attract/blob/master/Layouts.md