Author Topic: Intro Video Looping Looping Looping Looping Looping  (Read 1929 times)

gusgorman

• View Profile
Intro Video Looping Looping Looping Looping Looping
« on: December 17, 2018, 01:26:59 PM »
Hi There,

My setup boots to Attract Mode on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+. I've loved it, and everything had been perfect with it, but now all of a sudden the intro video (the one that plays directly before the Attract Mode menu loads) starts looping indefinitely. I have no idea what's causing it. It worked fine and now it doesn't. I've tried putting different videos in there just in case my specific video somehow started causing it, but any video I add still loops. I can get the video to stop looping and load the Attract Mode menu if I hit a button on the controller, but of course I'd rather it plays the video just once (like it used to).

Does anyone have any ideas for how to troubleshoot this? Neither my searches on this forum, nor my Google-fu turned up anything.

tl;dr My intro video started looping indefinitely and I would love to stop that from happening.

Thanks!

gusgorman

• View Profile
Re: Intro Video Looping Looping Looping Looping Looping
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 10:08:09 AM »
Hi keilmillerjr,
   Thanks so much for helping with this.

Yes, the intro.nut file matches your link. Just to be safe (in case I missed some small detail when comparing the two files), I copy and pasted your source into my intro.nut file. But unfortunately it didn't change anything; the video continues to loop repeatedly.

But thank you for helping regardless.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Intro Video Looping Looping Looping Looping Looping
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 06:28:12 AM »
Hi keilmillerjr,
   Thanks so much for helping with this.

Yes, the intro.nut file matches your link. Just to be safe (in case I missed some small detail when comparing the two files), I copy and pasted your source into my intro.nut file. But unfortunately it didn't change anything; the video continues to loop repeatedly.

But thank you for helping regardless.

This is interesting because I do not have this issue on my mac running attract 2.5.1 precompiled binary. I haven’t tried on my pi yet. What version of attract are you using? Do all videos loop, or just the intro video? Perhaps try a different video?