Author Topic: retroarch MAME romlist  (Read 5408 times)

gepponline

• View Profile
retroarch MAME romlist
« on: December 12, 2016, 08:59:46 AM »
Hi!
  I'm running AM with retropie on my xubuntu machine.
HARDLY I found how to set AM to work with retroarch instead of using the MAME executable and here are the settings hope this help somoeone:
EXECUTABLE: /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch
ARGUMENTS: -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-mame2003/mame2003_libretro.so --config /opt/retropie/configs/mame-libretro/retroarch.cfg "[romfilename]"

My problem is that the emulator work, but when i generate the rom list, i get a list made of rom names and not a list of games names. what should i have to change in my commands to get the correct list?
thank you!

hermine.potter

• View Profile
Re: retroarch MAME romlist
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 11:04:29 PM »
@gepponline
press TAB > Emulators > go to your Emulator-System (mame ?!)
Info Source/Scraper : listxml
Generate Collection/Rom List
Scrape Artwork
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM

gepponline

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 12:00:31 AM »
I've already done it.
I just didn't scrape 'cause i already have all the video snaps.

The  problem is that if i "generate collection" using mame as executable, it generates the correct rom list with the name of the games, instead, if I "generate collection" using retroarch and relative options as executable, it gives me the rom list with rom names.
I'm using the Attract-man default theme.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 01:06:22 AM »
You need to create or download a listxml/mame.xml file and point to it in your attractmode emulator/mame.cfg file. The retroarch mame core will not auto create this file like the regular version of mame.

You can download a windows version of mame and generate the file and then copy it to your Pi. You can tell it to use the file with something like this in the emulator/mame.cfg file.
Code: [Select]
import_extras        /home/pi/.attract/extras/mame.xml;/home/pi/.attract/extras/catver.ini;/home/pi/.attract/extras/nplayers.ini

Those other files listed can be downloaded from the internet and will provide more information when building your romlist which is helpful when building filters in attractmode.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 01:29:55 AM by progets »

gepponline

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 02:42:03 AM »
Ok thanks.
I found another solution. Generate the list with the mame executable seated.  Then change the executable without regenerating the list