Author Topic: NxL theme! [Release] new video!2-4-2017 Update  (Read 165605 times)

atrfate

• View Profile
NxL theme! [Release] new video!2-4-2017 Update
« on: July 20, 2016, 03:06:52 AM »
PC Game Artwork pack

Cave Game Artwork pack

New youtube links showing Artwork packs ill be complete in a day or so
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwl7-TLPwJs[/media]

Vertical Theme Demo
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQgetjsg6Nc&feature=youtu.be[/media]

===================Please Take the Time to ReadBelow!!========================

Hey Everyone sorry To nuke this thread 1st Post! But I am going to be Redoing a Fewthings To make it easier for myself in the future
NXL Will now be split into Downloads To help my Awful upload speed So, by updating a small thing I wont have to reupload the entire thing. How I will be doing this is via Artwork packs
NXL will come in 2 main Verions.
NXL Theme update Only. This is ment for those who are using their own customartwork, or those or are just updating a preexisting install This is ment to be drag and dropped into the layout folder No fuss no muss
Nxl BaseInstall This is going to include everything presetup Minus Romlist and Artwork This will have rocketlauncher and the AM ingreation pack This is ment for beginners who dont know where to start
This will include all 3 versions of the theme and the screen saver Iv made.
What about the Artwork packs?

Well You download the baseinstall, and pick a artwork pack the current list of artwork packs avilable are
Cave ::
Taito Type X::
NesicaXlive::
Pc Games::
Inside Each ArtworkPack You will find a Emulator.cfg File, And a Romlist
Extract the Contents of The pack To your artwork Folder.
"../Artwork/Cave"
Then Take the Romlist open it up in Notepad++ And copy the Romlist, Then naivgate to your romlist of choice, and paste it in YOU can even use this time to remove games you dont intend on ever playing!
Once that is dont Save your Romlist and Copy the "cave".cfg File form the artwork Pack into your ../Am/Emulators/ Folder. This is what sets the path inside AM for it to scan for your artwork
Once this is setup with these 3 easy setups You have setup the frontend!, its up to you at this point to configure your prefered method to launch the game
=================================================================================
Addtional information
To unlock More features insde of of my frontend I have changed the meaning behind some of the default strings inside the romlist so when adding your own games take this into account.
#Name;Title;Emulator;CloneOf;Year;Manufacturer;Category;Players;Rotation;Control;Status;DisplayCount;DisplayType;AltRomname;AltTitle;Extra
This is the current default settings inside a AM romlist.
This is the current Strings inside ours lets check out how it differs
Yatagarasu;Yatagarasu Attack on cataclysm;Nesica;;2015;Nyu Media;Fighting;1-2;4.3;6;300000;;;Nesica;????? Attack on Cataclysm;
The [Rotation Tag] has Been changed And NXL pulls this as if it ment Game Version
The [Control] Tag Wants to know the number of buttons used 1-6 For the selected game.
The [Status] Tag Any number higher then 400000 Will make the network appear online, place a random large number here for online games, leave blank if the game has no online features
[Alt Romname] This is A system of Orgin tag this diffifers form "emulator" beacuse The emulator may be mame, but you would like the system of orgin to display something else
[AltTitle] Is being used to display japnease Text.

==================================================================================
Planned Artwork Sets:: Currently
TouHou Games.
=================================================================================

Download Links Remember to read above
https://mega.nz/#F!YkZEUKTb!19Q_hDmkUPGh2AGi6L3glA

Change Log
Added More Manufactures To Db,
Changed some of the text displayed onscreen
Other tweaks.

Special Thanks to Arcadebliss, for helping me alot early on

« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 10:32:45 PM by atrfate »

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
Re: Nesica X live theme! [Coming Very soon]
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 07:24:26 AM »
Wow....   it is great.   cant wait....thanks
help a friend....

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 12:20:44 PM »
may i ask you How did you get the side art their when the game is running? 
help a friend....

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 12:40:29 PM »
their is 2 methods for boarders, on windowed games one is bbulit into rocket launcher, this is method is only being used on games that are mame,  the method used for non-emulated games ie the Pc titles and taitotype X is a Custom loader I wrote, to resize any game thats running a window and load the bg.png file located in the game folder. I did this because alot of japanease titles either have a start up menu popup , or refuse to load correctly other wise  Rocket launcher has a bulit in feature that can do this for windows based games and you are more then welcome to use their approach

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 03:08:14 PM »
i see that simpley austin uses this exe called "DXwind'   so thanks for the tip on RL ill check it out...
help a friend....

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 03:50:28 PM »
That would allow you to place game in a window that normally wouldnt go into a window, however i dont believe dxwd supports that feature of adding boarders and artwork

This is an example of besals in hyperlaunch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkmZBCWdrw0
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 03:54:02 PM by atrfate »

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 08:03:37 AM »
The coding is done, let the theme be released to the masses :D

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 11:02:02 AM »
trying to make sure it all works and to fix that ugly artwork frame! hehe xd :P

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 11:37:59 AM »
yes that frame was bad. I learned alot from your theme. It was cool. I have another Idea that I'll send over tonight.

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2016, 12:03:06 PM »
the wheel image also is orderings the grid left to right, so if you notice theirs a bit of clipping, trying something now and I learned alot 2! i think i can fix this by adding a new wheel image that moves ontop of the existing wheel dono trying some things out!

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2016, 01:29:33 PM »
Not necessary.  You can change the zorder of the current wheel when it is selected.  The currently selected wheel is indicated by the select_status var  in the myslots object.  Let me know if i should do it.

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2016, 01:38:38 PM »
You can i am hunting down flyers right now XD

atrfate

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2016, 03:19:27 PM »
okay bliss found a bug  the flyer artwork and video dont update when not being selected so if you set it to flyer mode change game it updates, but if you go back to video it will be on a older video untill you change again

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2016, 03:39:46 PM »
updated layout.nut sent per PM. regarding the flyer bug, I think I know the problem hold on.

Edit:

in the changeartwork class, change the function to this:
Code: [Select]

function set_index_offset(value)
{
foreach (i in image)
{
i.index_offset = value;
}
}
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 04:01:40 PM by ArcadeBliss »

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
Re: Nesica X live theme! [Release] new video!
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2016, 07:45:33 AM »
is their anything special that needs to be done other then putting theme in layouts folder?
 did the modulus ..

when i load the theme it is broken with the giant list box down the center..thanks..
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 07:51:09 AM by jedione »
help a friend....