Author Topic: Is there a way to hide duplicates?  (Read 8481 times)

bikeguychicago

• View Profile
Is there a way to hide duplicates?
« on: January 27, 2015, 02:01:13 PM »
Is there a way to hide the duplicate/bootleg versions of a game from the games list?

Additionally, if I only have one game in a collection (my FixItFelix) is there a way to get the list to show only one instance of the game? Currently, it appears as though there are several instances of the game to select from even if there is only one instance that is selectable.

Thanks!

akafox

• View Profile
Re: Is there a way to hide duplicates?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 07:46:57 AM »
There might be an easier way. This is how I do it though. The list is plain text (the smart person that did that needs a keg of his favourite!)  ;D I just open my list in any text editor for whatever operating system you are using and then just delete the line - the full line - for the game. After starting attract mode again it should not show at all. Be warned though if you ever make a new list the duplicates will show again. Hope that helps.
People want life easy..then complain about it

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 07:23:01 AM »
Is there a way to hide the duplicate/bootleg versions of a game from the games list?

Additionally, if I only have one game in a collection (my FixItFelix) is there a way to get the list to show only one instance of the game? Currently, it appears as though there are several instances of the game to select from even if there is only one instance that is selectable.

Thanks!

Try filtering out the clones, in configuration mode you probably have a filter named "All" and "Favourites" set up already.  Go into the "All" one and add a rule where the target="CloneOf", comparison="does not equal" and the filter value=".*"  (dot star)

There are probably easier ways to do it but this should get rid of anything that mame thinks of as a clone.  There is an example filters page that might help on the wiki: https://github.com/mickelson/attract/wiki/Example-filters

I think what you are running into with your Fix It Felix list is the automatic wrap-around that happens to listboxes when they reach the end of a list... that will be layout dependent, so you could try a different layout to fix it (the cools layout wouldn't have the wrap around for example...)

I hope that helps!

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 08:23:20 PM »
I might try Rom Lister again and see if that works. http://www.waste.org/~winkles/ROMLister It will make a txt format list like attract mode uses. I'll try it out and get back to you.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 02:26:39 PM »
Well I tried it. Two problems. One it makes duplicates! Might be a bug (I don't think that version 0.27 did that). Two the categories don't line up with attract mode so not sure if it will work. here is a sample:

Code: [Select]
Alien Challenge (World);aliencha;1994;IGS;6;joy8way;Fighter / Versus
Alien Challenge (World);aliencha;1994;IGS;6;joy8way;Fighter / Versus
Astra SuperStars (J 980514 V1.002);astrass;1998;Sunsoft;6;joy8way;Fighter / Versus
Astra SuperStars (J 980514 V1.002);astrass;1998;Sunsoft;6;joy8way;Fighter / Versus
Battle Arena Toshinden 2 (USA 951124);ts2;1995;Capcom / Takara;6;joy8way;Fighter / Versus
Battle Arena Toshinden 2 (USA 951124);ts2;1995;Capcom / Takara;6;joy8way;Fighter / Versus
Bloody Roar 2 (World);bldyror2;1998;Eighting / Raizing;6;joy8way;Fighter / Versus
Bloody Roar 2 (World);bldyror2;1998;Eighting / Raizing;6;joy8way;Fighter / Versus
Burning Rival (World);brival;1992;Sega;6;joy8way;Fighter / Versus
Burning Rival (World);brival;1992;Sega;6;joy8way;Fighter / Versus
Ehrgeiz (US, EG3/VER.A);ehrgeiz;1998;Square / Namco;6;joy8way;Fighter / Versus
Ehrgeiz (US, EG3/VER.A);ehrgeiz;1998;Square / Namco;6;joy8way;Fighter / Versus

romlister sorts like this:
#Title;description;year;manufactuer;buttons;type;category (along with other things)

but when attract mode makes a list it sorts like this
#Name;Title;Emulator;CloneOf;Year;Manufacturer;Category;Players;Rotation;Control;Status;DisplayCount;DisplayType;AltRomname;AltTitle

and as far as I can tell attract mode will not even see the list