Author Topic: Not really an attract mode question, but... higan?  (Read 4055 times)

Bgoulette

• I wrote a book.
    • View Profile
    • BlakeGoulette.com
Not really an attract mode question, but... higan?
« on: December 02, 2015, 11:22:11 AM »
Hey all,

I have Mame up and running quite nicely in attract mode. Yay! With that success, I wanted to branch out to other emulators, and I came across higan (formerly bsnes, I think). But here's the thing: I have no clue how to get it work! I've got a selection of roms, and I ran the icarus app to generate a manfiest, but I see nothing when I attempt to load a rom. I'm sure I've missed something, but I was just wondering if anyone else had managed to get higan up and running. If so: share your secrets! Please! :)

(Apologies is this post is unwelcome or in the wrong place!)

Bgoulette

• I wrote a book.
    • View Profile
    • BlakeGoulette.com
Re: Not really an attract mode question, but... higan?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 11:35:41 AM »
All right, I'm at least part moron: I tried running higan 0.95 on my work computer (shh!) and it appeared to work just fine. :( Gonna give it another shot on my primary machine...

Bgoulette

• I wrote a book.
    • View Profile
    • BlakeGoulette.com
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 11:51:19 AM »
...at the risk of padding my post count, I got it working. Mostly. I downloaded higan again and this time it worked! Weird. Now to get it working in AM... :)

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 09:23:08 PM »
(Please move to emulators section)

I use snes9x myself. Never a problem with it. I tried hagin a year ago...I might pick it back up and try it. I understand it is hard on the cpu...it strives for "accuracy".

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/08/accuracy-takes-power-one-mans-3ghz-quest-to-build-a-perfect-snes-emulator/

http://www.tested.com/tech/gaming/2712-why-perfect-hardware-snes-emulation-requires-a-3ghz-cpu/
People want life easy..then complain about it

hermine.potter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 10:54:53 PM »
creating rom-lists by an emulator-system (here : higan creates .sfc-romlists) is not very efficient for AM. If you add a game, you have to create this rom-lists again. And it seems that higan doesn't support starting roms directly (this doesn's works : path_to_higan\higan_accuracy.exe path_to_snes-roms\snes_game1.smc )

so use one emulator to each emulator-system (snes9x or zsnes => snes-roms; gameboy advance => gameboy-roms, and so on). they support parameter-starting and you're able to add them easy in AM.

ZSNES:
Code: [Select]
executable           C:\attract\EMU\zsnes\zsnesw.exe
args                 -m "[romfilename]"
rompath              C:\attract\EMU\zsnes\roms
romext               .smc
AM Version : 2.6.1
Input : Mad Catz Brawlstick; Mouse; Keyboard; Xbox360 Wireless
Cabinet : Yes
System : Dell Precision T3500 ; Intel X5650 ; 12GB RAM