Author Topic: Introducing: randtro-intro  (Read 6865 times)

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Introducing: randtro-intro
« on: January 06, 2019, 10:47:59 PM »
I just released my first official version of mvscomplete. Then I thought about a feature requested by some one here - having the intro select random videos. Well, I implemented it. I then decided to split the feature off and make it a stand alone project. It currently only supports 4:3, but will add full screen soon on my next days off and will tag it as a versioned release. Shaders are supported. Some default videos are provided.

Take it as a working proof of concept pre-release. It’s currently styled very biased to my mvscomplete layout. Will make it more universal.

randtro-intro

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing: randtro-intro
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 11:22:42 PM »
Added force 4:3 aspect and now defaults to full screen.

That was quick. Couldn’t wait. I need to go to bed now.

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 10:55:12 AM »
So this will play a random video when you select a game?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 10:58:40 AM by keilmillerjr »
Visit my arcade blog ... www.idahogaragecade.com (updated 06-27-19)

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 10:58:53 AM »
So this will play a random video when you select a game?

Yes.

I am currently working on a bug (thanks to arnoldsecret for creating issue on giuthub) where the same seed is generated every time, so its randomness is the same every boot.

Code: [Select]
srand(time());

I added srand and it appears so have no effect or error. Time function is generated correctly. Will keep you guys updated.

djlunchbox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 12:11:14 PM »
I didn't give it a full go but I added the nut file and the folder as is and got nothing. Is this specific to the newer AM build? (I'm currently on 2.3)

I can see the menu pop up and I tried various versions of where the files are(/4x3, \4x3, 4x3) but AM launches and no video plays.

I'll try it out again and see if it's something I missed.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 12:59:09 PM »
I didn't give it a full go but I added the nut file and the folder as is and got nothing. Is this specific to the newer AM build? (I'm currently on 2.3)

I can see the menu pop up and I tried various versions of where the files are(/4x3, \4x3, 4x3) but AM launches and no video plays.

I'll try it out again and see if it's something I missed.

I’m not sure about compatibility. I’m using attract 2.5.1-12 on Mac. Do you have any errors in the console?

I’m still looking into the srand issue. Created the following issues:

https://github.com/albertodemichelis/squirrel/issues/172
https://github.com/mickelson/attract/issues/533

Going to look into generating a random integer perhaps using time or bitshift and time. Will keep you guys updated. I have tonight and tomorrow off from work.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 06:36:48 PM »
helpers-module v1.0.2 contains a fix to resolve the not so random videos issue. Thank you @arnoldsecret for pointing that out to me.

https://github.com/keilmillerjr/helpers-module/releases/tag/v1.0.2

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 12:02:06 AM »
v1.0.0 First Official Release

Includes some arcade videos in 4:3 640x480 and 16:9 1280x720 resolutions (no 1920x1080 for space concerns). You do not have to download and use them. GitHub allows you to download files individually. They are their for convenience. If you have a cool generic arcade intro video you would like added, let me know.

Kaizen777

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2020, 01:39:13 PM »
Hello, should I be able to use this intro.nut in the plugins folder and get this to work currently?  I'm just looking for AM to play a random intro video at startup.  I tried the plugin by itself and couldn't get it to work.
Otherwise I will make an autohotkey script to rename a video in my intros folder to intro.mp4 at random.
Thanks!!

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2020, 03:36:02 AM »
Hello, should I be able to use this intro.nut in the plugins folder and get this to work currently?  I'm just looking for AM to play a random intro video at startup.  I tried the plugin by itself and couldn't get it to work.
Otherwise I will make an autohotkey script to rename a video in my intros folder to intro.mp4 at random.
Thanks!!

Use my gitlab fork. I replaced the official intro with my version. Common and file modules are dependencies.