Author Topic: filtering buy number of buttons, controls.ini  (Read 4449 times)

jimmer

• View Profile
filtering buy number of buttons, controls.ini
« on: March 23, 2016, 09:02:01 AM »

When I add controls.ini to my inputs it doesn't change the mame.txt romlist created
Is that correct behaviour?

The output doesn't matter, but I want to be able to use the button info in my filters, how to do that?

without import_extra I get:

#Name;Title;Emulator;CloneOf;Year;Manufacturer;Category;Players;Rotation;Control;Status;DisplayCount;DisplayType;AltRomname;AltTitle;Extra
1942;1942 (Revision B);mame;;1984;Capcom;;2;270;joystick (8-way);good;1;raster;;;

with
import_extras        C:/mame/nplayers.ini;C:/mame/controls.ini

I get:
#Name;Title;Emulator;CloneOf;Year;Manufacturer;Category;Players;Rotation;Control;Status;DisplayCount;DisplayType;AltRomname;AltTitle;Extra
1942;1942 (Revision B);mame;;1984;Capcom;;2P alt;270;joystick (8-way);good;1;raster;;;

note: nplayers has modified the Players column.

jimmer

• View Profile
Re: filtering buy number of buttons, controls.ini
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 12:34:25 PM »

So no-one using controls.ini in AM ?
as a first step, I'd just like to know if AM reads the file.

I notice that the number of buttons in contained in the basic mame.xml file.  It would be nice if AM could give me access to that info in a filter, without the need to pull in any external files.

I'd really like to not have to use  nplayers.ini, controls.ini, RomLister 

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 10:53:15 PM »
Hi jimmer, It looks like Attract-Mode doesn't currently get the number of buttons when it is generating romlists.  It also is ignoring controls.ini...

an oversight I guess !  I'll add an issue to try and get this addressed in a future version

jimmer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 11:50:57 AM »

Thanks, that would be cool.

especially if it does something with just the mame data and doesn't need the 3rd party files.

Thorvald

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 05:45:53 PM »
Thanks guys!  I just got a rotary joystick and was hoping to filter on "control contains rotary" but I see that filter currently doesn't work (likely due to controls.ini being ignored at present).

Keep us posted if it adds it.

Cheers
  Tim