Author Topic: This is a great frontend but here are the 5 things that would make it the best  (Read 3476 times)

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
1. a good looking (themed) system menu (a.k.a. Display Menu that is the default menu)
2. modify the search function to include an on screen keyboard (like ArcadeBiss has in his theme)
3. a Genre list (I know you can do this with filters but a separate input(s) to active a different sets of genre/other filters and/or different tag files.)
4. more predefined/standardized media paths for layout makers to include like: box. media (cart or CD), advert, snap, video, fanart, background, etc. I know you can do this now but it requires customization per theme.
5. sub-menus, so you could just have Atari, Sega, Nintendo, Arcade, etc. on the main menu then 2600, 5200, 7800, etc. on the sub-menu for example.

I love AM and I run it on several of my machines. It kicks butt on a Pi. My arcade cabinet and HTPC are still running another FE but I'm still not ready to make the jump. AM could be the best FE for all platforms but still needs some upgrades and some hype/social media/EmuMovies exposure to get it to the masses.

I know I should have put feature requests elsewhere but then it wouldn't fit the overall thought. Don't get me wrong, I think that AM is the only option for a Pi right now and a great option for everything else. I'd love to see it be the best option for every platform.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 02:33:56 AM by progets »