Author Topic: Failure to import gamelist.xml into romlist using attract -i  (Read 3673 times)

CaptAnarchy

• View Profile
Failure to import gamelist.xml into romlist using attract -i
« on: December 08, 2018, 10:47:27 AM »
I'm attempting to convert a mame gamelist.xml into a romlist.txt using attract -i, it is failing and from everything I can determine it shouldn't be.  The gamelist file is labeled MAME (Libretro).xml and I have configured an emulator by the same name.  If I run attract -i on the file it processes normally but says it imported 0 entries.  I've dived into the actual attract source code but can't seem to find the problem.  Any help on this would be much appreciated.  Just in case it's relevant, I'm using a raspberry pi 3B+ using retropie 4.4 official and I compiled attract from the latest source using MMAL hardware acceleration.  Everything else seems to run OK, I just can't get my gamelists converted, attract -b works fine but there is no metadata just the rom names in the generated romlist.txt file.

My sample xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<gameList>
        <provider>
                <System>Mame</System>
                <software>Skraper</software>
                <database>ScreenScraper.fr</database>
                <web>http://www.screenscraper.fr</web>
        </provider>
        <game id="39869" source="ScreenScraper.fr">
                <path>./005.zip</path>
                <name>005</name>
                <desc>Agent 005 brings new cash collections to you. His mission is to deliver secret attache cases to an awaiting helicopter. Through wily street chases and the shadows of warehouse darkness to slippery skating rink maneuvers and the blazing aerial getaway fight. Agent 005 steels the scene and delivers customers to you. Fun-filled music attracts them. Four thrilling escape scenes challenge them and the continuous fun keeps them playing and playing. The unique audio and video excitement matches every players skill level.</desc>
                <rating>0.1</rating>
                <releasedate>19810101T000000</releasedate>
                <developer>Sega</developer>
                <publisher>Sega</publisher>
                <genre>Shooter Small-Action / Labyrinth-Action</genre>
                <players>1-2</players>
                <hash />
                <image>./mixart/005.png</image>
                <marquee>./wheel/005.png</marquee>
                <video>./snap/005.mp4</video>
        </game>
</gameList>
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 10:53:31 AM by CaptAnarchy »

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Failure to import gamelist.xml into romlist using attract -i
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 11:22:11 AM »
You're trying to import an EmulationStation gamelist which isn't supported by AttractMode. You can view this thread for an alternate tool http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2009.msg13862#msg13862. You could also just have AttractMode create the romlists for you.

This thread might help you too http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2605.msg17809#msg17809.

CaptAnarchy

• View Profile
Re: Failure to import gamelist.xml into romlist using attract -i
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 01:46:46 PM »
Thanks, I was about to pull my hair out!!  I figured that since it can convert mame gamelists it was synonymous with emulation station, apparently not.  Now, I feel that I need to add that functionality to the attract-mode source code.
Thanks