Author Topic: NeoGeo Layout - 1st Try - Download  (Read 7058 times)

Nicodemus

• View Profile
NeoGeo Layout - 1st Try - Download
« on: September 17, 2016, 07:33:53 PM »
So this is my first try at a theme. I basically hacked many different themes and copy/pasted code to get a working NeoGeo Layout. However, its very rough and Im hoping someone can clean it up and run with it. Some of the things that I could not fix,

-Marquee is a little off centered.
-Control panel joystick knob cut off (tho, it doesn't bother me).
-Forgot to remove text (or move) at bottom of screen.
-Background Image blends into the Cabinet too much for my taste (could not find an image I liked).

Again, I just took what others did and made my own Frankenstein monster  :o Any help or advice would be VERY appreciated.

https://postimg.org/image/43zj6xoe3/

« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 08:00:04 PM by Nicodemus »

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NeoGeo Layout - 1st Try - Download
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 09:13:03 PM »
It looks good. Id make the control panel a png and overlay it above the video screen. The layout is wide screen, but neo geo was not. Id try to retain the cabinet in its original aspect and use the wheel art and negative space to obtain your format. Dont stretch the neo geo. Your white buttons are in the wrong space for a 1 slot. Each player button is to the top left of thier half of the panel.

Nicodemus

• View Profile
Re: NeoGeo Layout - 1st Try - Download
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 06:19:52 AM »
Thanks! I will try and work on those points. I also uploaded the Art assets and PNG files if anyone wants to play around with them. The rest can be found in the Layout folder itself.