Author Topic: How ad this emulator PC6001VX????  (Read 4269 times)

gamesmame

• View Profile
How ad this emulator PC6001VX????
« on: March 24, 2022, 10:29:13 AM »
https://github.com/eighttails/PC6001VX

Emulator:  https://github.com/eighttails/PC6001VX/releases/download/v3.8.2/PC6001VX_3.8.2_win_64bit.zip  v3.8.2

I think this is wrong:

Code: [Select]
# Generated by Attract-Mode v2.6.2
#
executable           M:\Emulators\NEC PC-6001/PC6001VX.exe
args                 "[romfilename]" "[Rating]"
rompath              M:\Emulators\NEC PC-6001\roms
romext               .p6;.cas
system               NEC PC-6001
info_source          thegamesdb.net
exit_hotkey          Escape

Emulators open but dont read rom!!!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 02:12:31 PM by gamesmame »

Mark Norville

• View Profile
Re: How ad this emulator PC6001VX????
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 10:39:23 AM »
Your link mostly is in Chinese ok it is Japanese after going back so not a good start on that score lol

It will translate just to add, I had a very quick scan but could not find any cli arguments, but as I say it was a very quick scan. As it is a cassette system or seems to be, but try finding a c64 argument and use that as a reference. Anything with tape based systems may help for reference.

I would try [name] or other alternatives remove the "[]"

Also you have "[Rating]"

This is a system that I have not tried, or even know about but your args are worrying

I just had a look at my setup I usually have name, I do have "[Romfilename]" but usually when it is retro arch apart from that it is [name]

p6t,p6,cas

MOUNT TAPE IMAGE (FOR LOAD ONLY)

d88

MOUNT DISK IMAGE TO DRIVE 1

rom,bin

MOUNT EXTENDED ROM IMAGE

dds

READ SAVE FILES ANYWHERE

ddr

read replay data files

bas,txt

read the batting agency file

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 12:19:43 PM by Mark Norville »
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville

gamesmame

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 02:07:50 PM »
i try  [name] and nothing change... the emulator open but dont load "rom"..

OFFAM... for the emulator work, we need open the emulator, after clic in "ENTER"

Clic with right the mouse / tape / insert and select game...

after: tape "cload" and clic "ENTER" again, after: tape "run" and clic "ENTER" then the emulator load game :-P  :-\

I dont know how i transform this in arg for Attract Mode...

Emulator name: PC6001VX.exe 
Emulator:  https://github.com/eighttails/PC6001VX/releases/download/v3.8.2/PC6001VX_3.8.2_win_64bit.zip  v3.8.2
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 02:12:50 PM by gamesmame »

gamesmame

• View Profile

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 11:50:17 PM »
As I said before

As it is tape based it might help to look at cassette or floppy disc based systems

args                 --floppy-drive-0="[romfilename]" --fullscreen --floppy-drive-0-sounds=0 --floppy-drive-speed=100 --floppy-drive-volume-empty=100  --base-dir="C:\attract\EMU\amiga\Configuration"

These are the args for Amiga 500 you do have others, but it shows you the kind of arguments that you need to get games to load.

Go through this little lot http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=503.0

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 01:00:40 AM by Mark Norville »
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2022, 10:00:54 AM »
I found this:

https://github.com/eighttails/PC6001VX/blob/master/compatible_rom/basic66-v031/src/basicrom.lst

Its helps??

That is assembly code, it is just programming/deconstruction language and nothing to do with getting the games up and running.

As I am bored it looks like you have short cut keys looking at some of the pictures

So r = rom, a= tape load as it has an _ it may mean CTRL A ALT A or something like that. Sadly because most of the language on the screenshots is Japanese it makes it a lot harder to know what things actually are.

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 12:30:19 PM by Mark Norville »

gamesmame

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2022, 04:54:05 PM »
Thanks for you atention Mark!

It's really a shame.. I'm "new" to programming, i am noobie... from 0 to 10 I understand only 1 or at most 2 in programming, so it's really a shame, I can't make "emulate" i cant make this emulator work in attract mode alone only my self.

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2022, 01:56:58 AM »
AM is not programming, it is just about finding out the right arguments to make something run.

The emulator obviously needs to have a CLI or command line interface available to be able to get the roms to run correctly, or failing that batch files or .bats

Sadly as this is a system that I am far away from adding to my system, E.G that I have never even heard of it before, then I cannot spend days on something to try and help you out get up and running.

1) I would have to download the emulator
2) I would have to download some roms
3) I would have to spend a day or more trying to get this up and running

As my PC is tied up doing other stuff, and my brain is limited to doing one thing at once, I don't really have the time to do a deep dive on getting this up and running.

I would really suggest looking for the Amstrad CPC as that is tape based or maybe the Sinclair Spectrum and taking a look at the arguments for them as it might give you a better understanding of how tape based systems actually load tapes and run's them.

It might help, it may not, but worth a try

Regards

Mark

gamesmame

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2022, 05:15:27 AM »
emulator and rom dont pass 10mb but ok, i apreciate yout help!! thanks man, if you try please let me know... thanks!!!

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2022, 05:23:29 AM »
Yeah it is not going to be big, but it is time scale and list of priorities.

If it was a quick two minute try and succeed then it would be different, but if it is a try and fail, then it will frustrate me and even if it took days to try and succeed, then that is time that I do not currently have. If it was a system that I actually wanted to do anyway, then that would have been another matter.

At the moment I have X amount of systems to set up, and currently doing 2,900 PS1 Japan Roms

This is about the 1,000th thing on my list to do, in that I may never get around to ever doing this system, or if I do it might be ten years before I touch this.

However, you really need to look at the Amstrad CPC and other tape based systems, that really is the only help that I can give you on this system.

It just does not even come close to my radar to do, e.g it is a system that I have never used, heard of etc.

Hermintage Potter or however you spell his name, has not been on for a while, or AKAFox, they would have been your best people to have tried this for you.

Hopefully if they have the time to try this, then they might be able to get it up and running for you, but as I say have a look at tape based systems, it might be a similar style set up in what you need to do.

E.G it needs to insert tape, run/load tape and play the game.

A few things that you could try

-f = full screen (do not put the = full screen just use -f
-L = load I would assume
-run=system -rom=[name]

A couple of systems that I could find, I could not find an Amstrad CPC or reasonably anything close to that, ZX Spectrum might be close to that

I just had a look at retroarch

They have the following cores

PC-8000 - 8800
PC-98
PC-FX

No 6001VX though who knows that might be a waiting game if they ever release a core for this system.

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 07:21:13 AM by Mark Norville »

gamesmame

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2022, 04:12:57 PM »
Yeah if retroarch works its good, retroarch its easy operate... but retroarch dont have support for 6001... ok i will try and continue study the whay to make 6001 works!!

currently doing 2,900 PS1 Japan Roms

I dont understand this... you doing 2.900 PS japan roms???

Any way thanks again!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 04:14:37 PM by gamesmame »

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2022, 04:47:25 AM »
Yeah if retroarch works its good, retroarch its easy operate... but retroarch dont have support for 6001... ok i will try and continue study the whay to make 6001 works!!

currently doing 2,900 PS1 Japan Roms

I dont understand this... you doing 2.900 PS japan roms???

Any way thanks again!

It means that I am busy doing other systems so my PC is tied up, downloading torrents, unzipping things, compressing things, moving things, so all my CPU resources, time and brain power are maxed out.

I do one system at a time, and try and get that as perfect as I can, but sometimes different systems can take days or even weeks to complete. Also systems such as the Playstation 1 I have Europe, USA and Jap games to do so that is three times the work. I also do custom artwork for my collections, so that is another time factor on how fast I can do things.

Regards

Mark

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2022, 09:17:07 AM »

It's really a shame.. I'm "new" to programming, i am noobie... from 0 to 10 I understand only 1 or at most 2 in programming, so it's really a shame, I can't make "emulate" i cant make this emulator work in attract mode alone only my self.

First do not be so hard on yourself. Emulation is not easy..it never has been. Second emulating a old computer system is harder than games. Third emulating an old Japanese is computer is almost impossible (unless you are japanese of course!  ;D

I will look into it..I have that Emulator myself...or at least I thought i did...

from what I can tell it is not going to work under AM..the computer system itself doesn't allow for auto-loading of games that I can tell..so AM would be useless i think..I will be honest though..I took more time to learn how to use it then I did trying with AM...Japanese computers are a pain in the tail! I never could load the game from the GUI much less the command line in windows..
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 11:54:41 AM by akafox »
People want life easy..then complain about it

gamesmame

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2022, 05:44:56 PM »

First do not be so hard on yourself. Emulation is not easy..it never has been. Second emulating a old computer system is harder than games. Third emulating an old Japanese is computer is almost impossible (unless you are japanese of course!  ;D

I will look into it..I have that Emulator myself...or at least I thought i did...

from what I can tell it is not going to work under AM..the computer system itself doesn't allow for auto-loading of games that I can tell..so AM would be useless i think..I will be honest though..I took more time to learn how to use it then I did trying with AM...Japanese computers are a pain in the tail! I never could load the game from the GUI much less the command line in windows..

I was thinking of using a launcher... for example.. using rocketlauncher to execute commands that AM can't, but using this in AM Frontend of course...

But please if you get something let me know I'll be waiting carefully, and I'm still struggling with this emulator to make it work on AM...

PLEASE let me know if you have any news!!!  ;D