Author Topic: [Theme] Vapourwave1080 1.0  (Read 3829 times)

Intron

• View Profile
[Theme] Vapourwave1080 1.0
« on: February 01, 2018, 10:11:45 PM »
I created this theme for my own personal use, using the AMBuilder tool, and some manual tweaking of the .nut file afterward.

It is a 1920X1080 horizontal resolution theme. I can't seem to get the automatic scaling to work properly with the tool; so I mostly customized and tweaked it for my needs around my resolution after the initial creation. I used simple alpha channel layering and stylized text placement to make the theme.
  • For 1920x1080 horizontal resolution setups
  • Snap/Video Snap Preview Panel with list number count
  • Wheel Art Panel
  • Manufacturer, Year, Player Count, and Genre Support (If catver.ini is properly loaded)
  • Stylized Fonts Included (Emulogic,SFAlienEncounters,Streamster) - These are suitable for personal use only.
  • Video Playback is set to silent
  • 80's theme using era specific vibrant colouring

There is a known bug when switching back from MAME to the AttractMode frontend, where the video has sound on return, until another list item is selected. I could reproduce this reliably and could not find a solution to this, although I know other themes have had this issue as well.

It isn't perfect, but I haven't seen a theme similar to anything like this; and may only be useful to some that have horizontal 1080P setups. I have only tested this with the Attract 2.3.0 release; so it may not work on earlier releases reliably.

Thanks goes to the AMBuilder tool, which helped layout the initial code so I could tweak it. It seems that there are some design translation issues on the tool with the latest version of Chrome; but I'll add that feedback in again once I take a third crack at it on an alternate browser.

Thanks,
-INTRON

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
Re: [Theme] Vapourwave1080 1.0
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 07:05:04 AM »
this will be a great theme for a dosbox .....
thanks i like it.
help a friend....

Intron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 12:31:08 PM »
It should be adaptable to most emulators without issue, I was able to set it up with Super Nintendo as well. AttractMode is quite flexible.

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 08:07:01 PM »
my comment was based upon the look.....that,s all ;D
help a friend....