Author Topic: Arcadebliss and newstation custom mix  (Read 90508 times)

Enkak

• View Profile
Re: Arcadebliss and newstation custom mix
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2019, 03:04:49 AM »
I am continuing to perfect this fantastic frontend but am faced with another problem that I cannot solve. The image of the system in use that appears in the center of the interface does not work properly. In the images folder of the layout there are the images of the systems, in some it is correctly seen in others not. The names of the systems in attract.cfg are the same as the name of the system images. Look at the screenshoot in the link:

thanks anyway

That happens because this theme/layout need for us to add and edit things in the code on a specific file regarding this. The version I uploaded before already had extra systems not included in the original. ;)

This is how you do it:

So the system logos and other images related must be in this folder inside the theme: ..\images\emulator

The code you need to edit (using notepad++ for example) is located in this file inside the theme: ..\_class\Functions.nut

Look for the code starting in line 30 and the first system example (Arcade) that starts at line 36

case "Arcade":
               ::MID_OBJECTS.sysLogo.file_name = "images/emulator/Arcade.png";
               ::MID_OBJECTS.sysLight.file_name = "images/emulator/Arcade_light.png";
               ::TOP_OBJECTS.gameInfoLight.file_name = "images/emulator/Arcade_light2.png";
               break;

on the "case" part is the name of the system that must named the same to what you have in attract.cfg
on the other part of the code you need to edit only the png files name according to their name that you have in the folder.

Say, for example, that you wanted to add Sony PlayStation 3. You would need to add a new block of code there like this:

case "Sony PlayStation 3":
               ::MID_OBJECTS.sysLogo.file_name = "images/emulator/Sony PlayStation 3.png";
               ::MID_OBJECTS.sysLight.file_name = "images/emulator/Sony PlayStation 3_light.png";
               ::TOP_OBJECTS.gameInfoLight.file_name = "images/emulator/Sony PlayStation 3_light2.png";
               break;

You can add it after any other system code block with a line separating then, like this:

case "Arcade":
               break;

::MID_OBJECTS.sysLight.file_name = "images/emulator/Sony PlayStation 3_light.png";
               ::TOP_OBJECTS.gameInfoLight.file_name = "images/emulator/Sony PlayStation 3_light2.png";
               break;

PS: The screenshot example is correct right? Sega model 2 being there?

Hope this helps. Cheers.

ILVILE

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2019, 04:31:52 AM »
Perfect, just what I was looking for. I figured it was written somewhere but I couldn't find it. Thanks again, you have been invaluable with your tips. Example in screenshoot is one of those few systems that worked automatically without modifying .nut file.

I am continuing to perfect this fantastic frontend but am faced with another problem that I cannot solve. The image of the system in use that appears in the center of the interface does not work properly. In the images folder of the layout there are the images of the systems, in some it is correctly seen in others not. The names of the systems in attract.cfg are the same as the name of the system images. Look at the screenshoot in the link:

thanks anyway

That happens because this theme/layout need for us to add and edit things in the code on a specific file regarding this. The version I uploaded before already had extra systems not included in the original. ;)

This is how you do it:

So the system logos and other images related must be in this folder inside the theme: ..\images\emulator

The code you need to edit (using notepad++ for example) is located in this file inside the theme: ..\_class\Functions.nut

Look for the code starting in line 30 and the first system example (Arcade) that starts at line 36

case "Arcade":
               break;

on the "case" part is the name of the system that must named the same to what you have in attract.cfg
on the other part of the code you need to edit only the png files name according to their name that you have in the folder.

Say, for example, that you wanted to add Sony PlayStation 3. You would need to add a new block of code there like this:

break;

You can add it after any other system code block with a line separating then, like this:

case "Arcade":
               break;

break;

PS: The screenshot example is correct right? Sega model 2 being there?

Hope this helps. Cheers.

Aaron32

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2019, 07:25:44 AM »
What a great job, congratulations to the creator. Could you tell me what is the final version that I have to download? Thank you.

blackthief07

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2019, 10:49:25 AM »
@t00m are you still supporting this them or have u been working on another one?.

I was a bit busy the past years but i wanna try to continue with this layout.

Is anyone actually working with it?, to merge versions.

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2019, 10:54:44 AM »
blackthief07 welcome back :)

I did a recent modification to fix some things for new AM versions but there's still a small bug, at least, with scrolling arrows getting behind boxart after scrolling a little.

You can download it on reply 99 here.

Hello, this is the best theme I've ever tried. Congratulations. I have a problem, if try to update attract to version 2.5.1 artwork of games not display, show blank white. Now i use attract version 2.2.1.43. Any suggestions? Thanks.

You can try this mod. It solves that issue, favorites tag getting behind art and others when using the Carrier option inside theme options with AM 2.5.1.

If you want to use horizontal navigation, this mod can also solve other possible issues like the video snaps bug when using fast scroll mode if you use these specific settings in attract.cfg:

In input_map section, at the bottom:

default             up   
   default             down   
   default             left   prev_game
   default             right   next_game

Then this specific theme/layout options:

layout_config   AnimatedWheel_mod
   param                animationModule CARRIER
   param                favIcon FAVORITE
   param                gameFrame YES
   param                gameListQ AUTO
   param                gameSound OFF
   param                horizontalNav NO
   param                topBanner marquee
   param                topBannerAnimation YES

Aaron32

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2019, 12:05:46 PM »
I am using it and I can help to be a tester, since I don't know how to program in this language, but to modify some things. But I have noticed that there are several things to fix. :)

https://ibb.co/x3dYLby
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 12:46:17 PM by Aaron32 »

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2019, 07:02:48 PM »
one thing that i notice, is that very not right is that when you scroll left to right is that

the middle highlighted game kind of snaps to the larger highlighted game instead of scaling in to it smooth,,

hope that makes sence..  im going to need to fix that.. for shure

but as overall,  good stuff thanks..
help a friend....

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2019, 09:17:31 AM »
one thing that i notice, is that very not right is that when you scroll left to right is that

the middle highlighted game kind of snaps to the larger highlighted game instead of scaling in to it smooth,,

Thanks for the hint and help. :) Since I always liked this theme, recent mod was to fix some issues for new AM so not surprised some possible new bugs arise.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 12:57:13 PM by Enkak »

Aaron32

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2019, 09:29:14 AM »

Thanks for the hint and help. :) Since I always liked this theme, recent mod was to to fix some issues for new AM so not surprised some possible new issues arise.

A menu system would not hurt this layout. I think the original user uploaded a photo on page three of what he was doing.

blackthief07

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2020, 06:42:58 PM »
Hi, sorry for the long time not updating this. I'm currently working on the game transition effect, trying to make oit smoother and only start when you hit the outter games.

I've created a github repo to mane it easier for cowork. I'll try to push the last changes this weeks. Does anyone have another update or new feature applied?.