Author Topic: Add custom script to Attract Mode Setup screen?  (Read 4172 times)

erich93063

• View Profile
Add custom script to Attract Mode Setup screen?
« on: February 10, 2017, 03:50:23 PM »
Ok So I am on a Pi 3 using retropie 4.1.11 and AttractMode. I have everything configured and working great and I love it. BUT, I often need to move between a 720p TV and a 1080p TV. I have the Arcade overlays and bezels setup for 720 AND 1080 and they look GREAT. I have a directory that has all of the 720p config files and another with all of the 1080p config files, since obviously they are different. I have just been manually moving them into the right roms directory when I switch TVs. Not a big deal, but still a pita. I also recently added some overlays to my console games so it looks like they are in an old TV. I only have it working in 720 right now, but plan on making 1080 versions also. SO, optimally I was wanting to create a script that runs on boot that detects the resolution and moves the appropriate config files into the appropriate directories, but I was also thinking I could add some scripts on the AttractMode setup screen that will do it as needed. The screen I'm talking about is the one that has things like "Launch EmulationStation To Configure Controllers", "Launch Kodi", "Reboot" etc. I thought I could add some new entries there that would do what I need. It looked to me like those scripts are in the following directory /home/pi/.attract/Attract Mode Setup. At least that's what I thought. I tried adding a Test.sh file in there that just echoes "test" into the console

Code: [Select]
#!/usr/bin/env bash
echo 'TEST'

I saved that as Test.sh and rebooted the Pi, but when I went to that setup screen in AttractMode, my entry did not show up. Just for shits and giggles I also tried renaming one of the existing scripts to see if it rendered the renamed file on the setup screen, but it did not do it. Is there something else I need to do in order for an entry to show up there correctly? Are these actually being housed somewhere else? I figured I would start with some scripts there and then if I get it to work, maybe I will move on to trying to get some scripts to run on boot and do it automatically. Btw, I also made sure the permissions set on my Test.sh file were the same as the other scripts on that directory.

OR maybe I'm going about this whole thing the completely wrong way and there is an easier way to accomplish what i am trying to do? I would think switching between TVs of different resolutions is a common thing no?

THANKS

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Add custom script to Attract Mode Setup screen?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 04:20:21 PM »
You need to rebuild the romlist to see new things that have been added.

Configure-->Emulators-->Attract Mode Setup-->Generate Collection/Rom list

erich93063

• View Profile
Re: Add custom script to Attract Mode Setup screen?
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 05:45:31 PM »
WOW, I've done that a million times while setting this up for the other consoles and just totally forgot to do that for this. I think I wasn't thinking about that because in my head it wasn't a "console" with "roms", but as far as AttractMode goes I guess it kind of is. lol  That was it. THANKS Now to write the script that moves the files around. I think I can do that part, but if I get stuck I'll come back here. THANKS