Author Topic: Can't figure out how to set up the "Wheel" portion of Attract Mode  (Read 4755 times)

Strider_Hiryu

• View Profile
I am a total noob, but I was able to setup the video clips of Attract Mode in the 'snap' folder (.mp4 files) and the posters of my Mame games (.png files) in the 'flyer' folder. I went to the Hyperspin site to download the other files for those games as well. I tried to get them to show up, but even after I placed the .png files inside the 'wheel' folder, they would not appear :-(. Are there any steps that I am missing here?

P.S.- I was also curious about setting up the 'rocket' that points to the games as you move them around to make your selection too. I saw this in Floob's Youtube videos, but I never saw it as an option in the Robospin layout. If anyone has good recommendations for layouts that can be used for N64, SNES, NES, Genesis, Sega Master System, Neo Geo, and Final Burn, please let me know.

Thanks for your help  :).

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't figure out how to set up the "Wheel" portion of Attract Mode
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 09:58:48 PM »
I am a total noob, but I was able to setup the video clips of Attract Mode in the 'snap' folder (.mp4 files) and the posters of my Mame games (.png files) in the 'flyer' folder. I went to the Hyperspin site to download the other files for those games as well. I tried to get them to show up, but even after I placed the .png files inside the 'wheel' folder, they would not appear :-(. Are there any steps that I am missing here?

Have you configured the /.attract/emulators/<system/emulator>.cfg file (Configure-->Emulators--><system/emulator>-->flyer/snap/wheel) to tell Attract-Mode where your artwork files are located? This needs to be done for each system/emulator. Also, your artwork names need to be exact matches to your rom names.

P.S.- I was also curious about setting up the 'rocket' that points to the games as you move them around to make your selection too. I saw this in Floob's Youtube videos, but I never saw it as an option in the Robospin layout. If anyone has good recommendations for layouts that can be used for N64, SNES, NES, Genesis, Sega Master System, Neo Geo, and Final Burn, please let me know.

The rocket pointer is in the Robospin theme. Configure-->Displays--><system/emulator>-->Layout Options-->Select Pointer
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 10:02:50 PM by progets »