Author Topic: Attract-Mode game list questions  (Read 4240 times)

felixthadog

• View Profile
Attract-Mode game list questions
« on: October 17, 2016, 10:38:13 PM »
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, I have recently purchased an RPi 3 board which is running Attract-Mode as the front-end (Pac-Man theme). I love the theme, but there are a couple of things I would like to change, if possible:

- Is there any way of making the game name scroll when it is highlighted? Some of the names are really long but they are truncated.
- I have noticed when scrolling through the game list that there are blank entries, both within, and between, the emulators. Is there a way to hide/remove those entries?

Cheers,
Matthew

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Attract-Mode game list questions
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 05:37:05 PM »
Post the romlist you're having issues with. Also post your attract.cfg.

felixthadog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 10:42:22 PM »
I managed to remove the blank entries by comparing my ROM set filenames against the LST file. However, I am still interested to know if it would be possible to get the game name to scroll when it is highlighted in Attract-Mode?

Cheers,
Matthew

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 11:05:15 PM »
I managed to remove the blank entries by comparing my ROM set filenames against the LST file. However, I am still interested to know if it would be possible to get the game name to scroll when it is highlighted in Attract-Mode?

Cheers,
Matthew

There isn't a setting for game name scrolling. I think it could be done by modifying the layout.nut file you're using. You might want to post a question like that in the "Scripting" section of the forum and maybe someone will be able to help you.

felixthadog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 03:50:46 AM »
Will do, thanks :)

Cheers,
Matthew