Author Topic: Couple of random questions while I work on my build  (Read 1883 times)

RottenToTheGore

• View Profile
Couple of random questions while I work on my build
« on: May 24, 2017, 11:50:10 AM »
I've spent the past few nights getting everything together to convert an old PC into a box for MAME using attract mode. I just wanted to rattle off a couple of questions to make sure everything is good to go.

To start, I'm going to have 2 CRT's daisy chained, using crt_emudriver. One will be rotated on its side. To add/remove/edit files I'll probably just FTP in.

*I'm fine having the main attract mode layout being horizontal, I'll probably try out "Cools" and "Machines", and if I play a vertical game I'll just turn on the 2nd TV. But is there a way to have it that every game I play comes up in it's default rotation? Currently everything loads horizontal.

*I'm using lightspeed to filter out the games I don't want at all, such as mahjong and sorts. But there's plenty of games left that while they may be good, and I wouldn't mind trying out later, I'd rather not have them show up by default. For this, I can have a default filter for all the games I like, and then just go to "all" when I want to explore?

This might make things a little more difficult, because if I wanted to add special filters for genre's (like Vertical Shmups on the example page), it would still have to reference the filter that only shows the good games, not the list of all.

*Another filtering question. How would I move a game from one filter to another? Can this be done inside attract mode?

*Controls. I know in MAME you can create a default control config, which will work for most games. But is there a way to make separate configs for certain other factors? Such as genre, developer, ect? (Example, I play Neo Geo games on a different layout)

*Controllers. For the most part, I'll have a dedicated arcade stick plugged in via USB. I have a second stick that I use on other systems that I would use in case someone else wants to play. As long as after they're configured, I make sure to plug them back into the same USB ports, they should work fine right?

That should be everything! Sorry for the long post of random questions, but I appreciate any help! Thanks!