Author Topic: Conveyor_Helper Module for Themers: Updated - 11/28/2017  (Read 9537 times)

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
Re: Conveyor_Helper Module for Themers: Updated - 11/28/2017
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2018, 07:46:28 PM »
When I use artwork type "snap", it selects the movie files within the same folder and not the static files.  How do I force it to select the static files and not the movie files?

Thanks!
Visit my arcade blog ... www.idahogaragecade.com (updated 12-13-18)

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2018, 08:27:12 PM »
When I use artwork type "snap", it selects the movie files within the same folder and not the static files.  How do I force it to select the static files and not the movie files?

Thanks!

AttractMode will always choose a video over an image when both are available unless the layout is written to change this default function. You can read about this in the "Artwork Selection Order" here https://github.com/mickelson/attract/blob/v2.4.0/Readme.md

The solution is to store the static snaps in a separate folder. You can then just point to the folder with the static snaps. If you want to show your static images when videos aren't available then you can put the paths to both directories in your emulator.cfg file (separated by a semicolon).

Anther solution is to modify the layout.nut file to use logic to change the default AttractMode behavior.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 08:31:53 PM by progets »

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2018, 06:54:57 AM »
Hmmm... the behavior I am looking for is on display in the SDArcade layout.  Perhaps I'll poke around it to see how they do it...

I guess I COULD separate the snaps from the vids,  but if I want to release this layout I can't expect others to do the same...

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2018, 08:11:41 AM »
OK... I am using the ch.Coverflow option... and the videos are showing in all windows.  This isn't a big problem except when exiting games... for some reason,  the system decides to play the audio for all videos running at the same time.  As soon as i move one spot,  it kills the audio on all non selected videos and runs as normal...

My plan was to change the coverflow to snaps (non-video)... then after x number of seconds drop a video over the snap only in the center.

HOWEVER... inside the conveyor helper module I find this code...

Code: [Select]
// turn off video playing if the current game item is not the selected one. (test using the alpha channel for background selected image)
video_playing[video_status].call(this);
}

This is exactly what I am trying to do... how do I implement this?

NOTE: You're going to have to talk down to me... I am merely a hack when it comes to coding... but a semi-decent hack...

;)