Author Topic: Rom list filtering  (Read 13655 times)

abls1

• View Profile
Rom list filtering
« on: May 23, 2015, 05:49:26 AM »
Is there a software that I can use to filter my rom list?  I have multiple games for genesis and i do not need 5 version of each i just want 1 this will help me have a clean list similar to hyperspin I will also need to a software to remove multiple games for my rom folder.

Thanks

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Rom list filtering
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 09:27:20 AM »
Abls1-

AM has the most robost filtering options out of any frontend you will find. And, its even better now with the global filtering option. So, here is the link for everything you need to know on how to do filtering:

https://github.com/mickelson/attract/wiki/Example-filters

This example should help with your question but please read about filtering in the link above.

filter               "No Clones"
      rule                 CloneOf not_equals .*

butanebob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 10:17:47 PM »
AM has the most robost filtering options out of any frontend you will find. And, its even better now with the global filtering option. So, here is the link for everything you need to know on how to do filtering:

https://github.com/mickelson/attract/wiki/Example-filters

That's really handy. I tried filtering my mame set using that ruleset as a template, but a few notable games aren't showing up in my list such as Elevator Action Returns and Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder. Any idea why those ones are being filtered out? Also what's the purpose of catver.ini and which folder should i put it in?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 10:35:06 PM by butanebob »

Onkel_Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 06:56:04 AM »
Hi, with regards to catver.ini: place it in the MAME directory (where the executable is)
Purpose is to categorize each game, e.g. like this
av2mj1bb = Tabletop / Mahjong * Mature *

So it's easy for you to e.g. filter out all the "Mahjong" games which anyhow nearly nobody plays ;-)

Furthermore a quote from raygun:
in the emulator configuration, one of the fields is called 'additional import files' or something like that.  Put the full path to your catver.ini file in there and then regenerate your romlist.  That should pick up the categories.
http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=24.msg91#msg91

abls1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 11:02:16 AM »
I'm not looking for a list editor/maker/category maker because they are not going to remove games that are not related to that system.Final Burn uses games roms from mame but not all of them, I want to be able to remove the games from the folder not edit the list by category or anything else.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 12:26:54 PM »
I'm not looking for a list editor/maker/category maker because they are not going to remove games that are not related to that system.Final Burn uses games roms from mame but not all of them, I want to be able to remove the games from the folder not edit the list by category or anything else.

ok so let me get this right..I hope..
Ok so you want to remove (or at least move) the mame roms the FBA uses (or the other way around) you just want to split them up...you are asking what the easiest way is? I might have a script to do that... i'll look.

Is there a software that I can use to filter my rom list?  I have multiple games for genesis and i do not need 5 version of each i just want 1 this will help me have a clean list similar to hyperspin I will also need to a software to remove multiple games for my rom folder.

Thanks

as to this.. you mean you have sonic sonic sonic [j] sonic [!] ect.? you don't need to clean your list...you need to clean your roms. Trust me...I have done this already..takes longer yeah but it is worth it in the long run...

have a back up before you use this! https://sites.google.com/site/plumology/romdeleter it is very straight forward read the page first. If your roms are not in that fomat then you can change the program to work with your format....this will NOT work for mame roms!

if you try it PM me and i'll help you more...understand i am NOT responsible for any loss if any occurs! I used it and cleaned mine up in five minutes.

People want life easy..then complain about it

abls1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 04:12:54 AM »
Yes I would like to move roms to a separate folder.. the roms I move can be duplicates or roms that are not used by that emulator, so this way when AM generates a list it will be only for games that FB uses.

benjdum59

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 12:18:40 AM »
Hi,

I developped a tool for this: https://github.com/benjdum59/filterRoms