Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 9.9 [Release] Updated 22 February 2021  (Read 158477 times)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 9.7 [Release] Updated 10 January 2021
« Reply #1230 on: January 28, 2021, 05:33:06 AM »
I'm currently making a Tate Cabinet ... Is your theme working on a Tate display ? (Is there an option to rotate the display when it is started, but let the Win Desktop in a yoko mode) ?

Yes the theme can work in tate mode, you can use the Attract Mode hotkeys to check what happens when you rotate the screen, but this is temporary. You can go in Arcadeflow options/general and set the rotation to "left", "right" or "flip" without affecting Windows screen orientation.

AF has some tweaks to fit better on vertical screens, but that's a configuration I don't use so much, so if you find any strange behavior or inconsistency, or if you need some feature, let me know I'll be glad to help ;)

[EDIT] Added a screenshot to show how AF looks when "rotated" on a screen where the OS is still in landscape orientation.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 05:42:41 AM by zpaolo11x »

adu

• View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: January 28, 2021, 05:42:32 AM »
Thanks a lot for your answer, I'll let you know if I run into strange behavior !

hedergim

• View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: January 28, 2021, 05:28:09 PM »
I'm sorry to interrupt,
I'm just an admirer of your beautiful work,

I want to know if it is possible to create a theme in AttractMode with 2 incredible features that I saw in that theme:
Youtube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srqus9JPhZs&feature=youtu.be

1- Video opening and closing effect;

2- The Wheels have very beautiful movements, recoil, when selected it goes down to the bottom, this incredible movement of Wheels.

I would really like to see a theme like this in AttractMode, and you are very smart in theme programming,
sorry to bother.

be well.

Desculpe interromper,
sou apenas um admirador do seu bonito trabalho,

quero saber se é possível criar um tema no AttractMode com 2 características incríveis que vi nesse tema:
Link Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srqus9JPhZs&feature=youtu.be

1- Efeito de abrir e fechar  Video;

2- As Wheels tem movimentos muito bonito, recolhimento, quando selecionada ela desce até em baixo, incrível esse movimento de Wheels.

Eu gostaria muito de ver um tema desse no AttractMode, e você é muito inteligente na programação de tema,
desculpe incomodar.

passar bem.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 9.8 [Release] Updated 29 January 2021
« Reply #1233 on: January 29, 2021, 07:14:37 AM »
Arcadeflow 9.8 is out!

This version has some huge new features: you can import XML data for romlists AND for collections, and Arcadeflow will now propagate simple romlists data to collections (like favorites, tags etc), and viceversa, if you change favorites in a collection you'll see that change in the original romlist too.

One of the new feature is... the possibility to DELETE your roms from the UI :D It will just move them to a "Deleted" subfolder, but anyway HANDLE WITH CARE! Also, not sure what happens if you have multiple paths in your rompath, I still have to check it :O

Enjoy the new revision and try not to delete your whole disk while using the "red button" :)

ulihox

• View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: February 01, 2021, 02:34:40 AM »
Could it be possible to add an option to show a list with 3d boxes? This option would need to remove the black background that you can see in the attached picture.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 02:42:14 AM by ulihox »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1235 on: February 01, 2021, 02:39:51 AM »
Could it be possible to add an option to show a list with 3d boxes? This option would need to remove the white border and the black background that you can see in the attached picture.

This is not possible at the moment, because of the way AF builds the thumbnails and adds the shadows. It will require a lot of changes to the code, so I can't tell if it will ever become a feature, sorry.

ulihox

• View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: February 01, 2021, 02:52:56 AM »
This is not possible at the moment, because of the way AF builds the thumbnails and adds the shadows. It will require a lot of changes to the code, so I can't tell if it will ever become a feature, sorry.

Ok, I hope that someday that could be possible. Thank you!!

markoattract

• View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: February 07, 2021, 06:35:47 AM »
Hello Paolo !

First of all , thank you for your great work , like always .

My question is : Is possible to have different layout settings per display ?

For example , is possible to change the number of rows in MAME display to "2" and set "1" rows in PLAYSTATION display, using the same layout ?

Thank you and have a nice day ;)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1238 on: February 07, 2021, 07:08:28 AM »
My question is : Is possible to have different layout settings per display ?

Well at the moment there are some technical limitation, for example in the options you can enable per-display backgrounds, And you can have per display sorting, box art mode etc because these features can be enabled or disabled "at runtime". The layout itself (like number of rows etc) is defined at the layout start and can't be changed after launch, and in Arcadeflow when you change display the layout is not reloaded so, at the moment, I'm sorry but it's not possible to change the tile layout per display

markoattract

• View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: February 08, 2021, 01:04:48 AM »
Well at the moment there are some technical limitation, for example in the options you can enable per-display backgrounds, And you can have per display sorting, box art mode etc because these features can be enabled or disabled "at runtime". The layout itself (like number of rows etc) is defined at the layout start and can't be changed after launch, and in Arcadeflow when you change display the layout is not reloaded so, at the moment, I'm sorry but it's not possible to change the tile layout per display

Thank you for the answer Paolo !!!

Ok, i solved copying the layout and renaming it !! Well done !! :D

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1240 on: February 08, 2021, 01:06:55 AM »
Ok, i solved copying the layout and renaming it !! Well done !! :D

I was just going to suggest this as a workaround :D

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 9.9 [Release] Updated 22 February 2021
« Reply #1241 on: February 21, 2021, 10:18:30 PM »
Arcadeflow 9.9 is out!

Performance improvements in many areas: shaders are lighter and faster to load, no more slowdowns at display change, improved effects "stack" on the thumbnails. Also I added new quite obscure system logos and images :D

Enjoy!

Maccy

• View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: March 06, 2021, 03:38:24 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make ArcadeFlow running with latest GroovyArcade (2021.01): I can't understand why I get only a list of titles with very big fonts.

No issue if I switch to a standard layout.

Attached pictures of standard layout and ArcadeFlow. I'm using ArcadeFlow 9.9.

Any suggestion?

Thanks, regards

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1243 on: March 06, 2021, 07:13:25 AM »
I'm trying to make ArcadeFlow running with latest GroovyArcade (2021.01): I can't understand why I get only a list of titles with very big fonts.

This happens when something _really_ wrong happens and the layout can't load. You can try running attract-console.exe and share the console output here, or the last run log from attract mode directory. That will help me understand what's going wrong.

Also, did you unpack Arcadeflow from the website? Check the content of the Arcadeflow_99 directory, there might be some issues with tar.gz on windwos...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 07:15:06 AM by zpaolo11x »

Maccy

• View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: March 06, 2021, 11:54:46 AM »
Nevermind, I fixed that, it was a permission issue (chmod -R arcade:arcade ArcadeFlow/ did the trick)

I copied ArcadeFlow from another PC with root account but the default user for GroovyArcade is "arcade".

Thanks, anyway you pointed me in the right direction