Author Topic: Exit display. change text..screenshot attached to better understand lol...help!  (Read 101 times)

Steven Campoli

• View Profile
hey guys  would like to change the text of the display Exit: Attract Mode....not the message prompt when closing but ont he actual exit display...its not in the theme files....any ideas??

ill post a screen shot..

Steven Campoli

rand0m

• View Profile
I think its theme related in your case. You can try changing exit message manually via editing attract.cfg (its near the end in "general" heading) or through "settings> general > exit message" in AM. If changes are not reflected then comb through theme files. Its hard to tell by linked snap if theme is utilizing a picture or text for exit.

Changing exit message will effect both the confirmation screen and the "Exit" listing in theme.

Steven Campoli

• View Profile
Actually It’s not in the theme. I asked lol...I’m gonna try what u said and post back

The confirmation screen I was able to change that text in the language file. Really just the screen I posted, so I’ll try and get back To u ... thanks.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:30:33 AM by Steven Campoli »
Steven Campoli

Steven Campoli

• View Profile
I think its theme related in your case. You can try changing exit message manually via editing attract.cfg (its near the end in "general" heading) or through "settings> general > exit message" in AM. If changes are not reflected then comb through theme files. Its hard to tell by linked snap if theme is utilizing a picture or text for exit.

Changing exit message will effect both the confirmation screen and the "Exit" listing in theme.

All I see in the config file and in settings is exit command...nothing to change the display text
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:51:57 AM by Steven Campoli »
Steven Campoli

rand0m

• View Profile
Are you using the latest version of AM? In 2.4.1 Exit message command is available (at-least in Win version)

If "Exit Message" is empty it will default to "Exit Attract-Mode" - You will have to enter new text to modify the value.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:20:38 PM by rand0m »

Steven Campoli

• View Profile
Im on Windows and with 2.4.1.. and do not see that..what am I missing? I’m gonna re download it and check. Can u send me your attract.cfg file?

heres a screenshot...this is a fresh 2.4.1...
« Last Edit: Today at 07:40:20 AM by Steven Campoli »
Steven Campoli

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
I don't know if this can help you, but if you set a custom overlay listbox then you can also set a custom "label" where the "Exit attract mode" should appear. I think you can hide that label and substitute that with another object you'll show/hide in sync with the appearance of the exit menu.