Poll

What system are you running Attract Mode on?

Windows 10
49 (34.5%)
Windows 8
4 (2.8%)
Windows 7
25 (17.6%)
Windows Vista
0 (0%)
Windows XP
7 (4.9%)
MacOS
9 (6.3%)
Raspbian Linux
23 (16.2%)
Other Linux
25 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Author Topic: POLL: What system are you running Attract Mode on?  (Read 8834 times)

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: What system are you running Attract Mode on?
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2019, 03:36:57 AM »
RetroFE can be compiled on Mac. Haven’t visited it in long time... because I like attractmode.

Is that RetroFE can be "cloned" in Attract-Mode without problems...  ::)

No. RetroFE can be compiled on windows, Linux and Mac. Just like attractmode. It’s not the only option for Mac like retromacgamer says. I do prefer attractmode, obviously because I’m here. But there is options and I don’t think that is ever a bad thing.

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2019, 02:56:11 PM »
RetroFE can be compiled on Mac. Haven’t visited it in long time... because I like attractmode.

Is that RetroFE can be "cloned" in Attract-Mode without problems...  ::)

No. RetroFE can be compiled on windows, Linux and Mac. Just like attractmode. It’s not the only option for Mac like retromacgamer says. I do prefer attractmode, obviously because I’m here. But there is options and I don’t think that is ever a bad thing.

When I speak of "clone", I mean that the aspect, the shape, the appearance, of RetroFE, can be done with Attract-Mode.
I love that on my laptop the eyes shine to the Alien every time i access the ssd... :D

stevereaver

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2019, 08:46:54 PM »
Linux for the win!

Ford_Prefect

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2019, 11:02:24 PM »
I am doing a test install on Linux Mint 19.1 Mate.
The "new" mainboard is a MSI H81 mini itx with a I3-4150 and 4 Gb mem. A 60 Gb ssd + a 500 Gb hdd.
The main os is on the ssd, with the Home directory mounted on the hdd.
The graphics card is a Nvidia GTS 450.
My old setup is a Core 2 duo E8400 @3.6 Ghz, 4 Gb ram on a full atx Asus motherboard, and a Geforce 9500 Gt.
Especially the Geforce 9500 is showing it's age, still good for the older systems; (mame, Daphne etc), but coming up short on the newer emulators.
The old setup is also running Linux with the Wahcade frontend, which is no longer maintained. I can't get it to run properly anymore.
Attract Mode seems to be the best frontend for Linux, altough i had some problems installing it from the Ubuntu .deb package.
It replaced some files of my os, after that i couldn't install PCSX2 because of unresolvable dependency issues.
So i compiled it from source.
My cab is set up with a 19" (5x4) monitor.
I am currently in the process of converting my old Wahcade layouts to Attract Mode using Attract mode builder.
I prefer using Linux on my cab, because it does exactly wat i want it to do and it doesn't look over your shoulder.

takoni

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2019, 04:00:15 AM »
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 04:02:06 AM by takoni »

asahendrix

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2019, 01:26:36 PM »
Hi! for me.....Raspberry forever.

https://youtu.be/6UHoO6Lha08

and https://youtu.be/-BTjUmI8SLg

This. Looks. Amazing!! You should seriously start a kickstarter campaign and get some sort of patent and sell these things! I'd spend $1,000 for one if I had the money!

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2019, 01:17:34 AM »
Hi! for me.....Raspberry forever.

https://youtu.be/6UHoO6Lha08

and https://youtu.be/-BTjUmI8SLg

That looks awesome! The part i like best is the magnetic side art! What did you use?

takoni

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2019, 04:41:29 PM »
I used vinyl art printed in pixarprint online, then I paste it over soft plastic film and then I used magnetics 1cm*1cm with 3M paste film behind.

Then, in every side of the arcade machine there are a lot of magnetis under the 3mm of wood cover pinged in white.

Sorry for my English , cheers