Author Topic: SNES Classic Theme  (Read 10623 times)

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
Re: SNES Classic Theme
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2018, 04:34:37 PM »
thanks for the link....peace  good stuff
help a friend....

caminiti45

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2018, 04:36:24 PM »
If you try this on a pi3b+, let me know how it runs.

thanks for the link....peace  good stuff

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2018, 05:39:09 PM »
FIRST READ NOTES:

Code: [Select]
A few quick notes:

-Thanks to Davbarc for making the NES Classic Theme this is based off of.

-[b]This theme runs poorly on the rpi3 and I doubt it will do much better on the 3b+[/b], but let me know if it does. I recommend using this theme in attract mode for windows.

-Use the snes-buttons.jpg file as a reference for setting up the controller buttons in attract mode. Shoulder buttons, X and Y can be whatever you want.

-Place the files in the borders folder in retroarch/overlays/borders. You will need to configure a hot key in retroarch if you would like to change them on the fly.

-Keep artwork file sizes small. The ones that get scraped are huge. Use an image resizer to reduce their size.

-Place the files in the sounds folder in yourattractmodefolder/sounds. One is the menu music and the others are navigation sounds. These will need to be setup manually in attract mode.

-This is by no means perfect. I was a total noob when I attempted this project. If you get it working smoother and more accurately, please share with the group.

-Have fun!

-Caminiti45

This theme runs poorly on the rpi3 and I doubt it will do much better on the 3b+
help a friend....

caminiti45

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2018, 04:41:00 AM »
Yes I am well aware of the notes I wrote for my own theme. I'm just looking for a little feedback since I never actually tried it on the b+.

FIRST READ NOTES:

Code: [Select]
A few quick notes:

-Thanks to Davbarc for making the NES Classic Theme this is based off of.

-[b]This theme runs poorly on the rpi3 and I doubt it will do much better on the 3b+[/b], but let me know if it does. I recommend using this theme in attract mode for windows.

-Use the snes-buttons.jpg file as a reference for setting up the controller buttons in attract mode. Shoulder buttons, X and Y can be whatever you want.

-Place the files in the borders folder in retroarch/overlays/borders. You will need to configure a hot key in retroarch if you would like to change them on the fly.

-Keep artwork file sizes small. The ones that get scraped are huge. Use an image resizer to reduce their size.

-Place the files in the sounds folder in yourattractmodefolder/sounds. One is the menu music and the others are navigation sounds. These will need to be setup manually in attract mode.

-This is by no means perfect. I was a total noob when I attempted this project. If you get it working smoother and more accurately, please share with the group.

-Have fun!

-Caminiti45

This theme runs poorly on the rpi3 and I doubt it will do much better on the 3b+