Author Topic: Shuffle v2.2.0 - Loop feature now added  (Read 611 times)

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Shuffle v2.1.0 - Refactoring and bug fixes
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2019, 03:04:44 PM »
@Rand0m

I forgot, but I think fe.list.index is position in array, not relative to current. If this be the case, loop=false is definately possible. If the index is zero or the same as the list length minus 1, do no change slot. Some checks will have to be put in place to make sure that your not starting with index 0 or max in the middle of the slots. If list size is less than slots, your layout will have to adjust accordingly. Thats my brainstorming while waiting for work to start. Next day off will try to tackle.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 03:07:01 PM by keilmillerjr »

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Shuffle v2.2.0 - Loop feature now added
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2019, 02:16:12 AM »
v.2.2.0 is out. Updated main post. I hope you guys like the addition of the requested feature - loop!

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2019, 04:28:12 AM »
v.2.2.0 is out. Updated main post. I hope you guys like the addition of the requested feature - loop!

What a pleasant surprise, thanks a lot Keil! No loop is working great, one small issue is when moving back (say from SNES to Consoles) Console becomes the first item on the list (instead of arcades then computers then consoles). I think I can force it to go to first item (in this case arcades) but if it can retain the position of its parent item, it would be great.

Thanks a lot, this issue had been bugging me for ages. more power to you. I am much grateful!  ;D

If anyone wants to use the no loop, i.e. the items won't be repeated. Then, wrt to example in last page:

Code: [Select]
local list = ShuffleList({ loop=false, slots=list });
local pow = ShufflePow({ loop=false, slots=pow});
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 04:31:35 AM by rand0m »

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2019, 12:42:07 AM »
Working on two things:

• Save feature will work on a per list basis. Display name needs to be taken into account.
  • Hide option will change visibility on slots exceeding the list length, and work accordingly with or without loop enabled. It’s a possibility to have hiding work with left/right/center, but this will require more time to code.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 12:51:20 AM by keilmillerjr »