Author Topic: Can someone please help me on how to setup Taito Type X on Attract Mode ?  (Read 244 times)

OldGamer

• View Profile
I would like to know how to set up and install all these games that was made by taito Type X I like to run in on my attract mode but I do not know how to do it and I tried everything that I could to search on the internet about how to set it up on attract mode and  I found one video but it is speaking in Russian and I do not understand or follow his command or his video I want to point out that I am computer illiterate and I am barely learning how to use the attrack mode for the first time and I really do need some assistance. Pretty please don't use short-term words that I don't understand just simply explain to me how it all works to a easy friendly user guide for me to follow and  I do have all the games I just need someone who can sit down with me and explain in great detail without no confusions and tell me how is truly is done.

rand0m

• View Profile
1- Taito Type X/ XII games are usually found in folders, that is when you unzip the archive it will be a folder.

2- Games are usually run via game.exe or through launch.bat or gamename.bat. This differs because since there is no central database like no-intro, redump or mame the files may differ depending on where you get the rom archive from

3- check and see which file game.exe or .bat runs the game (by actually running) and create a shortlink for the file. rename the shortlink to what you want and place it in separate folder.

4- create shortlinks for all games and you will have one folder with shortlinks of all taito games.

5- If you have not made an emulator.cfg file for taito type x in Attract-Mode/emulators create a TaitoTypX.cfg file and enter following:

Code: [Select]
executable           cmd
args                 /c "[romfilename]"
rompath              C:\Path To Roms Links
romext               .lnk

Modify the rompath to location on your hd (this will point to the folder where all shortlinks are placed) and run the game via AM.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 06:11:51 PM by rand0m »

OldGamer

• View Profile
 :) thank you so mush random that did the trick also I like to add that
Code: [Select]
executable           cmd
args                 /c "[romfilename]"
rompath              C:\Path To Roms Links
romext               .lnk
system               PC Games
nb_mode_wait  5  <------  this help a lot with any pc games and including Taito type x games too

now I can add more  taito type x game and including My mugen games  ;D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 08:24:28 AM by OldGamer »