Author Topic: RetroDiction Theme v1.0 Released  (Read 1494 times)

sosimple

• View Profile
Re: RetroDiction Theme v1.0 Released
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2020, 06:46:36 AM »
Question:
Are there anywhere the images of all those old home computers of the folder sysflyer without the background ? (So I can copy past all of theme in other background . Actually more important to move all of them in the same position and resize them to have the same transparent screen), or even better with transparent screen. ?
The idea is to create a theme you could press a button in the joystick and have another computer to see the video snap. I always wanted to do this, but haven't so large amount of images.
This collection is very good, but needs to many work to make images the way I wanted.
Just as an idea.
Thanks,

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2020, 09:23:56 PM »
This is polished, and a nice addition to attractmode.

Are you able to include master rom lists for games too?

Adding a single system game isn't very smooth for me at the moment. For example I want Maze Craze for the atari 2600, but if I download the xml from the mame hash files on github it doesn't find the details to add...

Thanks. For scraping systems you can use either hyperlist (https://hyperlist.hyperspin-fe.com/) or scrape through gamesdb (Am > Settings > Emulator (select Emulator) > Change info scraper to thegamesdb.net > generate collection romlist. It would be easier to create a unified master list when you have proper lists of all systems.

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2020, 09:24:45 PM »
Cool, love this theme. very clean but with plenty of info and functionality, well done

Thanks.

Amazing work!!

Thanks.

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2020, 09:29:40 PM »
Question:
Are there anywhere the images of all those old home computers of the folder sysflyer without the background ? (So I can copy past all of theme in other background . Actually more important to move all of them in the same position and resize them to have the same transparent screen), or even better with transparent screen. ?
The idea is to create a theme you could press a button in the joystick and have another computer to see the video snap. I always wanted to do this, but haven't so large amount of images.
This collection is very good, but needs to many work to make images the way I wanted.
Just as an idea.
Thanks,

The sysflyers were made by taking a frameshot of viking's Nostalgia Platform video set, I then applied some filters via paint.net for the grainy effect.  I don't have an image set with transparent background but you can request viking for transparent images. The link to his original work is given in the first post, its posted on launchbox forums.

There is another platform set by viking which might suit your needs better > https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/109-hardware-platform-set/

sosimple

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2020, 04:34:30 AM »
@Random : Many thanks man!

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2020, 09:53:44 AM »
Thanks for the clear explanation. I'll do that asap.

This is polished, and a nice addition to attractmode.

Are you able to include master rom lists for games too?

Adding a single system game isn't very smooth for me at the moment. For example I want Maze Craze for the atari 2600, but if I download the xml from the mame hash files on github it doesn't find the details to add...

Thanks. For scraping systems you can use either hyperlist (https://hyperlist.hyperspin-fe.com/) or scrape through gamesdb (Am > Settings > Emulator (select Emulator) > Change info scraper to thegamesdb.net > generate collection romlist. It would be easier to create a unified master list when you have proper lists of all systems.

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2020, 11:06:09 AM »
Some further updates! Finally got a search_series plugin working. Its mapped to custom3 which is mapped to "Y" on xbox 360 controller and "y" on keyboard. If a game has its series name in [Series], a field in romlist' pressing "Y" would list all games within the current list which have the same series. e.g. in MAME pressing "Y" on any street Fighter game would list all Street Fighter games in MAME list.

This function will really shine in unified master list since many games have series which span over many systems, Sonic and Mario come to mind.

I worked on keyboard_search plugin by liquid8d and modified that. It will be added soon in Repo once I thoroughly check it :D

manzarek

• View Profile
    • phpbb3world
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2020, 04:47:20 AM »
congratulations for your job.  :)
Mame Fighting

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2020, 04:59:20 AM »
congratulations for your job.  :)
thanks.

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2020, 03:56:39 AM »
Latest Update! DL from github is now down to 245mb from 1.3 gb. Browsing/ scrolling should be noticeably faster now.

Major Update, Recompressed images and improved functionality

1. Changed "sysflyer" (system flyers) from 1920x1080 to 1260x1080, converted them to 256 color 8it png. Since there was no transparency the difference is hardly noticeable. Compressed the images further through tinyPNG website. This not only reduced the size considerably but the scrolling speed improved dramatically, no fps drops after initial startup in either displays menu or platforms menu. System flyers now have a black tinted frame.

2. Since "sysflyer" size changed, modified the relevant code in layout.nut & layout_platforms.nut from (0, 0 ,0 ,0) to (660, 0 ,0 ,0).
        local sysflyers = fe.add_image("images/sysflyer/[Name].png", 660, 0, 0, 0);

3. Changed "syslogo" and re-compressed through tinyPNG website for reduced size and better scrolling. Since the images were small as it is the effect (if any) is too small to be noticeable. Since the images had transparency they are still in 24bit png.

4. Created separate custom options menu for displays menu and platforms menu.

5. Created new images for custom options menu for displays menu and platforms menu (options_menu_dm.png & options_menu_pm.png). Renamed options_menu.png to options_menu_sm.png.

6. Remapped configure keys, Tab and Joy0 Button7 (select on xbox 360 controller) now open custom options menu rather then options menu, custom options menu was earlier opened through "X" on keyboard and "X" button on xbox360 gamepad. "X" now has no function attached to it. This was done because all default options are already a part of custom options menu. Default options menu can now be started through F2 and xbox360 controller Joy0 Button6 (select), this has been mapped as fail-safe just in case custom options menu doesn't working for any reason.

7. Changed return value for empty string (missing) for most magic tokens. Before in-case of missing data "Unknown" was returned, this got trickier because some information about old systems is actually unknown so to differ between an "empty" field and an actual "unknown" all empty fields now generate "---" value. Following were changed:
a. If [Manufacturer] field is empty, now the value of "---" will be returned instead of "Unknown".
b. If [Year] field is empty, now the value of "---" will be returned instead of "Unknown".
c. If [Players] field is empty "---" will be returned instead of "Unknown".
d. If [Region] field is empty "---" will be returned instead of "Unknown".
e. If [Language] field is empty "---" will be returned instead of "Unknown".
f. If [Category] field is empty "---" will be returned instead of "Unknown".
g. If [Extra] field (used for Database) is empty "---" will be returned instead of "Unknown".
h. If [DisplayCount] field (used for media count) is empty "---" will be returned instead of "Unknown".

8. Changed time format for [PlayedCount], now played time is displayed in this format "0Day  00:00:00" (Day  hr:min:sec).

9. Removed [PlayedCount] empty message as AM now returns "0" if stat file does not exist. The code removed is:
   if(fe.game_info(Info.PlayedCount) == "")
   gpcount.msg =  "---"

10. Removed info_button.png, was not really needed. Removed the relevant portion from layout.nut & layout_platform.nut
   //Info Button
   local info_button = fe.add_image ("images/info_button.png", 1260,0,0,0);
   info_button.mipmap = true;

9. Screenshot has been mapped to "F8".

10. Changed behavior of displays menu and platforms menu info screen from "on hold" to "toggle" i.e previously info screen only appeared till the button was held down, now pressing the button once toggles the info-screen on and pressing the button again (or pressing back) toggles it off. This was done to make info panels function similar to other functions.

11. Major formatting of code (spaces, tabs) for layout.nut, layout_platforms.nut and layout_system.nut.

(Note: this is a a major update, with noticeable performance boost and better functionality)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 03:59:40 AM by rand0m »