Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 15.6 [Release] Updated 20 January 2023  (Read 413809 times)

OldGamer

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 14.9 [Release] Updated 3 November 2022
« Reply #1515 on: November 05, 2022, 07:46:18 AM »
 :o I dont unsderstand is the AM+ IS RIGHT ONE OR NOT ? ? https://github.com/oomek/attractplus

can you provide me the right link because Im trying so hard to figure this stuff out.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1516 on: November 05, 2022, 01:57:17 PM »
:o I dont unsderstand is the AM+ IS RIGHT ONE OR NOT ? ? https://github.com/oomek/attractplus

can you provide me the right link because Im trying so hard to figure this stuff out.

If you have a github account you can download the latest build from here: https://github.com/oomek/attractplus/actions/runs/3274365977 scroll down to the bottom of the page, in the Artifacts section you can get the latest binaries.

If you have problems downloading from there, let me know and I'll upload to my server. You are on Windows, right?

OldGamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: November 08, 2022, 05:00:10 AM »

If you have a github account you can download the latest build from here: https://github.com/oomek/attractplus/actions/runs/3274365977 scroll down to the bottom of the page, in the Artifacts section you can get the latest binaries.

If you have problems downloading from there, let me know and I'll upload to my server. You are on Windows, right?
yeah I dont understand all this stuff... so complicated for this old man and yes Im window 10. is there anyway I can have the exe with out this complex things.. and I want to thank you for helping with this. I really loved your frontend when was 12.3
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 05:09:40 AM by OldGamer »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1518 on: November 09, 2022, 10:06:36 PM »
yeah I dont understand all this stuff... so complicated for this old man and yes Im window 10. is there anyway I can have the exe with out this complex things.. and I want to thank you for helping with this. I really loved your frontend when was 12.3

No problem, you can download the latest Windows build from here:

http://www.mixandmatch.it/AF_WIP/attractplus/Windows-MXE-static.zip

unzip the artifact folder, inside you'll find the new attractplus.exe and attractplus-console.exe. Move them to your attractplus folder and it should work.

Let me know how it goes ;)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 15.0 [Release] Updated 17 November 2022
« Reply #1519 on: November 17, 2022, 05:32:08 AM »
Arcadeflow 15.0 is out!

- Added menu entry to install specific versions or branches
- Added new manufacturers logos
- Removed option to rotate screen, it's in AM options
- Improved aspect ratio correction for vertical handhelds
- Improved smoothness of video transition for background
- Video background can be enabled even without background snaps

Enjoy!

darkand

• View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: November 17, 2022, 12:16:32 PM »
manufacturers logos suggestions:

netherrealm studios
oddworld inhabitants
focus home interactive
xbox games studios
rocksteady studios
cd projekt
dotemu
505 games
gungho online entertainme
studio mdhr
chucklefish
gearbox publishing
drinbox studios
coffe stain studios
aquiris game studio
saber interactive
team cherry
coffee stain studios
fdg entertainment
limited run games
inin games
nightdive studios
crt games
modus game
lizardcube
playtonic games

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1521 on: November 18, 2022, 07:13:23 AM »
manufacturers logos suggestions:

Added :) They are in the "New-Logos" branch, but I am NOT suggesting that you try the new branch install feature to see if they work :D

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 15.1 [Release] Updated 1 December 2022
« Reply #1522 on: December 01, 2022, 03:52:30 AM »
Arcadeflow 15.1 is out!

- Added new manufacturers logos
- Added animation for download and install
- Fixed issue when a romlist entry is not in the db

Enjoy :)

Jklstudio

• View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: December 06, 2022, 11:41:42 AM »
 I'm sorry to bother, may I ask where could I find a tutorial please?

I were able to fully configure my AM install, but if I try this (awesome) layout all I get are 2 tiny white dots.
Nothing else.
I think I have a decent understanding of the AM basics, since I also modified some layouts to my linking replacing assets.

I installed AM+ from GitHub (the static one) on my root AM folder but no change.
It's pretty obvious I'm missing something essential..  :-[

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 11:44:00 AM by Jklstudio »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1524 on: December 06, 2022, 12:29:01 PM »
I were able to fully configure my AM install, but if I try this (awesome) layout all I get are 2 tiny white dots.
Nothing else.

Can you share a screenshot? Or if you can run AM from the console using attract-console.exe you might see error messages that could help.

I installed AM+ from GitHub (the static one) on my root AM folder but no change.
It's pretty obvious I'm missing something essential..  :-[

Did you get the latest build from the "Actions" tab on github?

Let me know, I'm here to help as much as possible :)

Jklstudio

• View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: December 07, 2022, 03:09:03 AM »
Hi thanks for helping me!

I got executables from AM+ github, attract-2.6.2-attract-Windows.MXE-static-x86_64.7z.
The shared ones won't work and throw errors on launch.

Using the static versions I can launch it with my usual settings.
If I select arcadeflow as layout all I get is a black screen, with two dots, one of which is pulsing.
Pressing "esc" makes my list appear, with fullscreen snap underneath.

These errors appear in the log:

Error decoding video (receiving frame): End of file
Error loading font from file: T:\My Emus\AttractMode\layouts/Arcadeflow-15.1/font_Roboto-Condensed-Bold.ttf
Error loading font from file: T:\My Emus\AttractMode\layouts/Arcadeflow-15.1/font_Roboto-Bold.ttf

Thanks for your help!

Jklstudio

• View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: December 07, 2022, 03:23:30 AM »
Thanks to your hint I took a look at mt log, and disabling history.dat plugin let arcadeflow launch (with error and missing assets, and asking me to set image cache to 0 at launch), I can see my list and filters and most of the interface is there.
So I'm definitely missing something..!  :'(

EDIT: looks like simply unzipping AFlow source code from GitHub to my layouts folder makes it unfunctional. Manually moving files from subfolder to AFlow root makes something work, at least I can see some kind of interface, after setting 0 as cache.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 03:36:22 AM by Jklstudio »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1527 on: December 07, 2022, 03:48:14 AM »
Thanks to your hint I took a look at mt log, and disabling history.dat plugin let arcadeflow launch (with error and missing assets, and asking me to set image cache to 0 at launch), I can see my list and filters and most of the interface is there.
So I'm definitely missing something..!  :'(

EDIT: looks like simply unzipping AFlow source code from GitHub to my layouts folder makes it unfunctional. Manually moving files from subfolder to AFlow root makes something work, at least I can see some kind of interface, after setting 0 as cache.

I think part of the issue might be related to the AF build you are using: did you install the “release” version? That is not up to date, you should go in the “actions” tab on GitHub and download the latest artifact for the master branch. You’ll need a GitHub account to do this though

Jklstudio

• View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: December 07, 2022, 08:59:40 AM »
Of course you were right!

There should be something wrong with my current config and Arcadeflow, but starting from scratch (and moving specific folders manually, as the "scraper" one) seems to work pretty well.

The only things I can't get are:
1) at every startup it asks me to set the cache at 0. Can it be avoided?
2) even if in the options the system name is enabled it doesn't seem to show it under the game name
3) I have seen it recognizes many systems, but how could I force the identification if it fails? I mean in the system menu, let say it recognizes something as "others" while I want it to be "handheld". Can it be done by manually changing something?

Many thanks for your hints!

EDIT:
4) I've seen that menu banners are read from the system_bgs folder, thus populating that folder with an image with proper name I can have the banner as I want. But where are read the system Logos?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 09:13:16 AM by Jklstudio »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1529 on: December 07, 2022, 10:57:09 AM »
There should be something wrong with my current config and Arcadeflow, but starting from scratch (and moving specific folders manually, as the "scraper" one) seems to work pretty well.

Not sure why you had to move folders around, there might be something wrong but it's difficult to debug from here. You can join the discord server so we can share .cfg files...

The only things I can't get are:
1) at every startup it asks me to set the cache at 0. Can it be avoided?

Yes, you have to set image cache size to 0 in the Attract Mode options. This should be zero by default, but some installation have this not zero. Putting it to zero is the only safe way to completely disable AM image caching, which is broken and causes all sorts of issues on media heavy layouts.

2) even if in the options the system name is enabled it doesn't seem to show it under the game name

Hmm you see "dots" or nothing at all?

3) I have seen it recognizes many systems, but how could I force the identification if it fails? I mean in the system menu, let say it recognizes something as "others" while I want it to be "handheld". Can it be done by manually changing something?

There is a file data_systems.txt where you can see all the systems and their aliases that are recognised. If you need other systems to be added, let me know and I'll make them for the next release :)

4) I've seen that menu banners are read from the system_bgs folder, thus populating that folder with an image with proper name I can have the banner as I want. But where are read the system Logos?

System logos are embedded in a font and mapped to the data_systems.txt file. I suggest you don't edit them yourself, but if you need systems added let me know :)