Author Topic: Mega Drive emu not exiting... how to fix? (SOLVED)  (Read 4426 times)

DarakuTenshi

• View Profile
Mega Drive emu not exiting... how to fix? (SOLVED)
« on: April 01, 2017, 06:09:29 PM »
So I've got the Mega Drive emulator running in attract mode and normally pressing the select+start buttons will make any emulator quit back the game selection. In this case, it's the only emulator that is not exiting by pressing that button combo. I've gone in and deleted the retroarch.cfg for the Mega Drive hoping that would allow the config for all systems to take over, only as soon as the emulator is booted up again it writes a new cfg for the Mega Drive.

Anyone know how to fix this? Or maybe I should be looking into a different MD emulator.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 01:59:27 PM by DarakuTenshi »

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mega Drive emu not exiting... how to fix?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 09:03:24 PM »
Those settings should be in your retroarch/autoconfig/<joypad-name>.cfg file. You can also go into EmulationStation and reconfigure your controller which should fix your problem.

Retroarch should be using the same retroarch/autoconfig/<joypad-name>.cfg for all cores so if other games exit properly, are you sure you're using retroarch for you mega drive games?

DarakuTenshi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 05:35:24 AM »
I'll try that out later today.

How can I be sure that I'm using Retroarch with my MD? It seems as though it is as it was included in the packages when I updated, but as I said when I went into the emulator it rewrote the cfg file for that emulator on first run.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 10:16:55 AM »
I'll try that out later today.

How can I be sure that I'm using Retroarch with my MD? It seems as though it is as it was included in the packages when I updated, but as I said when I went into the emulator it rewrote the cfg file for that emulator on first run.

Look at your RetroPie configs/megadrive/emulators.cfg file to see which emulator is set as default.

DarakuTenshi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 06:04:09 PM »
Sweet I'll try that too. I've not gotten a chance to check it out, but I'll be sure to check that too.

DarakuTenshi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 01:59:06 PM »
Tried all those suggestions, but none of them worked. The good news is I was able to fix it. And will post that here just in case anyone else runs into an issue like this.

I thought that it was odd that I was unable to exit (on this emulator only) Turns out it wasn't the emulator as I was using that emulator for the 32X and Sega CD as well. What I did was used my FTP client to download the 32X "retroarch.cfg". I then modified the cfg file so that it would point to the megadrive section of attract mode.

# Settings made here will only override settings in the global retroarch.cfg if placed above the #include line

input_remapping_directory = "/opt/retropie/configs/megadrive/"

#include "/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg"

I then deleted the weirdly configured and messed up auto cfg file that picodrive was forcing everytime I launched a game for the Mega Drive. I then uploaded the newly modified 32X retroarch.cfg file into the megadrive folder.

Now everything works as normal again. Thanks for your assistance though.