Author Topic: ioflat Theme (With System Menus)  (Read 1096 times)

iOtero

• View Profile
ioflat Theme (With System Menus)
« on: September 29, 2018, 10:31:39 AM »
ioflat Theme (With System Menus)

Version: 09/29/2018

The system consists of 3 layouts: ioflat menu, ioflat systems and ioflat games.

This is the English version of the Theme, although the Spanish version is also available at the end of the post.

ioflat menu

It is the main menu with one division per type of machine/system. In my case: Arcade Classics, Arcade Machines, Consoles, Handhelds, Pinballs and Computers.

Your position is, in your attract.cfg, at the end of the general section:

Code: [Select]
general
language             en
exit_command         
default_font         larabiefont
font_path           
screen_saver_timeout 0
displays_menu_exit   no
hide_brackets        no
startup_mode         displays_menu
confirm_favourites   yes
confirm_exit         yes
mouse_threshold      10
joystick_threshold   75
window_mode          fullscreen
filter_wrap_mode     default
track_usage          yes
multiple_monitors    yes
smooth_images        yes
accelerate_selection yes
selection_speed_ms   51
scrape_snaps         no
scrape_marquees      no
scrape_flyers        no
scrape_wheels        no
scrape_fanart        no
scrape_videos        no
scrape_overview      yes
hide_console         yes
video_decoder        software
menu_prompt          Displays Menu
menu_layout          ioflat menu

It is operated with the left and right keys, not up and down.

Important to change the selection_speed_ms to 51 and the scrape_overview to yes.

Important to activate the Platforms plugin that i include with the themes, copy the folder Platforms on the plugins folder of your Attract-Mode (for example E:\arcade\attract\plugins\Platforms). If you are going to modify the names of the menus you must edit the content of plugin.nut.

If you want to see, in addition to the 6 options indicated above, an exit option of Attract-Mode, put displays_menu_exit as yes and add in attract\menu-art the video and/or the arts with the name "Exit Attract-Mode" or "Salir de Attract-Mode", depending on whether the English or Spanish language is used.

ioflat menu has 3 options:
  • Select the art that will be displayed in the selector: fanart, flyer, marquee, snap or wheel.
  • Select the scheme color: aqua, blue, brown, cream, dark, granite, green, grey, orange, pink, purple, red, wengue, white, yellow, UCLA or random"
  • Shows clock and date, in Spanish or USA format.

When not using this theme the option "per_display" (it would not make much sense to be a main menu), the configuration will appear in the attract.cfg below the general configuration, like this:

layout_config ioflat menu
param                set_art snap
param                set_clock english
param                set_rgb_scheme random

ioflat systems

It is the menu of each system, within each option of ioflat menu. For example, to choose, NES, SNES, Genesis, etc. within Consoles.

Your position is, in your attract.cfg, at the beginning, and, following my example, with this structure:

# Generated by Attract-Mode v2.4.1
#
display Arcade Classics
layout               ioflat systems
romlist              Arcade Classics
in_cycle             yes
in_menu              yes
param                search_key custom1
param                search_method show results
param                set_selector list
param                set_top_art marquee

display Arcade Machines
romlist              Arcade Machines
in_cycle             yes
in_menu              yes

display Consoles
romlist              Consoles
in_cycle             yes
in_menu              yes
param                set_selector grid

display Handhelds
romlist              Handhelds
in_cycle             yes
in_menu              yes
param                set_art fanart
param                set_selector carrier

display Pinballs
romlist              Pinballs
in_cycle             yes
in_menu              yes

display Computers
romlist              Computers
in_cycle             yes
in_menu              yes
param                set_selector carrier

ioflat systems has 8 options:
  • Select the system selector type: Carrier, Grid or List.
  • Select the art that will be displayed in the selector: fanart, flyer, marquee, snap or wheel.
  • Select the art that will be displayed in the top of screen: marquee, wheel.
  • Select the scheme color: aqua, blue, brown, cream, dark, granite, green, grey, orange, pink, purple, red, wengue, white, yellow, UCLA or random"
  • Shows clock and date, in Spanish or USA format. The icons and texts will also be used according to the chosen format, in spanish or english language.
  • Choose the key to initiate a search. (Thanks, liquid8d).
  • Choose the search method.

The grid must be managed with the four directions: up, down, left and right.

The carrier (bottom bar) only with left and right.

The list only with up and down.

The search/filtering system of liquid8d in this theme is implemented in Carrier and List options and works well, unless you search for uppercase words (if you search for nes, Genesis returns it, but not NES or SNES), since it is a option that does not contemplate.

In the Grid i have not put it, because besides the problems with the capital letters, it gives problems with the integration in the grid (it filters the names, but they do not coincide with the arts of the grid). I have already asked for help to liquid8d, so i added the uppercase key, in order to search for NES and not just nes. When i see your solution, if you give it to me, then i will try to adapt it to the grid.

Important:
  • The themes are designed to work at any screen resolution, but videos using "ioflat menu" and "ioflat systems" should be in 4:3 format (1024x768, 800x600, 640x480 , etc). I the ones i use (those that appear in youtube videos) are in 1024x768.
  • The three themes work ok in 4:3, 5:3, 16:9, 16:10 and 17:10. Tested by myself on screens of 1024x768 (4:3), 1280x768 (5:3), 1280x800, 1440x900 and 1920x1200 (16:10), 1366x768 and 1920x1080 (16:9) and 1024x600 (17:10) and it works perfectly.
  • The overviews of the systems, not the games, will be placed in the folder \scraper\@\overview\SISTEMA.txt of your Attract-Mode. In my case, for Atari 2600, it would be E:\arcade\attract\scraper\@\overview\Atari 2600.txt.
  • These themes are aesthetically compatible with my theme iojukebox for music.
  • The total of games must be put in the romlists, in the magic token Control.
  • In any of the three themes you have to keep in mind that the use of snaps (videos), instead of static images, significantly increases CPU consumption.

ioflat games

It is the standard theme for games of any system. It's a new theme, inspired by Oomek's Silky, but with a quite different function. And as usual, I leave it in mega with the hope that you try it well tested and tell me what mistakes you have found, what is missing, what is left over and if you like it or not. Although this last one i already know that it is like a talking to brick wall...; D

Well, I'll tell you that to get the most out of this theme, you should use a * .cfg like this:
#
executable           \arcade\systems\computers\commodoreamiga\fsuae\Programs\Windows\x86-64\fs-uae-launcher.exe
args                 -config:floppy-drive-count=1 "[rompath][name][romext]"
rompath              \arcade\systems\computers\commodoreamiga\roms
romext               .bin;.zip;<DIR>
system               Commodore Amiga
info_source          arcade.accdb
artwork flyer        ..\..\arcade\systems\computers\commodoreamiga\flyer
artwork marquee      ..\..\arcade\systems\computers\commodoreamiga\marquee
artwork snap         ..\..\arcade\systems\computers\commodoreamiga\snap
artwork wheel        ..\..\arcade\systems\computers\commodoreamiga\wheel
artwork fanart       ..\..\arcade\systems\computers\commodoreamiga\fanart
artwork screens      ..\..\arcade\systems\computers\commodoreamiga\screens
artwork covers       ..\..\arcade\systems\computers\commodoreamiga\covers
artwork titles       ..\..\arcade\systems\computers\commodoreamiga\titles

or like this if fixed routes are used instead of relative ones:
#
executable           D:\arcade\systems\computers\commodoreamiga\fsuae\Programs\Windows\x86-64\fs-uae-launcher.exe
args                 -config:floppy-drive-count=1 "[rompath][name][romext]"
rompath              D:\arcade\systems\computers\commodoreamiga\roms
romext               .bin;.zip;<DIR>
system               Commodore Amiga
info_source          arcade.accdb
artwork flyer        D:\arcade\systems\computers\commodoreamiga\flyer
artwork marquee      D:\arcade\systems\computers\commodoreamiga\marquee
artwork snap         D:\arcade\systems\computers\commodoreamiga\snap
artwork wheel        D:\arcade\systems\computers\commodoreamiga\wheel
artwork fanart       D:\arcade\systems\computers\commodoreamiga\fanart
artwork screens      D:\arcade\systems\computers\commodoreamiga\screens
artwork covers       D:\arcade\systems\computers\commodoreamiga\covers
artwork titless      D:\arcade\systems\computers\commodoreamiga\titles

And of course, with the new folders with their corresponding arts.

And because? Because, in addition to the options of using the flyer, marquee, snap and wheel arts, this theme also allows you to use fanart, screeens, titles and covers arts. Of course, only if you want, are not essential, but its possible use is facilitated.

I will give a more detailed explanation of why i have added more options of graphic objects in this theme:
The standard objects to put in the Attract-Mode are: snap, wheel, flyer and marquee. And there are the options to show graphics in the layouts.
The usual operation is this: if you want to use video or screenshot in your games, you must change the content of the "snap" folder for videos or screenshots.
This layout what it does is allow to use, in addition, four other options: fanart, which is admitted by Attract-Mode in a standard way, although little used, screens, titles and covers, which are other options that i implement so that it is not necessary to change the names of the folders or their contents.

For example, in Amiga, i have the following folders with graphics of the games:

covers -> covers.
fanart -> diskettes.
flyer -> 3D boxes.
marquee -> the banners.
screens -> screenshots of the games.
snap -> the videos.
titles -> the start screenshots of the games
wheel -> the images of the wheels.

In any other layout, to use them all should be changing names or contents of folders, in ioflat, you just have to choose them from the options menu of the layout.

ioflat games has 19 options:
  • Shows clock and date, in Spanish or USA format. The icons and texts will also be used according to the chosen format, in spanish or english language.
  • Select the art that will be displayed in the right column: snap, flyer, fanart, screens, covers, titles or none.
  • Select the art that will be displayed in the bottom banner: snap, flyer, fanart, screens, covers, titles or none.
  • Select the art that will be displayed in the top of screen: marquee, wheel or none
  • Select the scheme color: amiga, spectrum, aqua, blue, brown, cream, dark, granite, green, grey, orange, pink, purple, red, wengue, white, yellow, UCLA or random"
  • Number of rows in the List: 12 (big font) or 24 (small font).
  • Apply CRT effect to game videos, or not.
  • Apply Bloom shader to the CRT effect or not.
  • The time (in milliseconds) it takes to start hiding the frames, carrier, list and wheels. Set to 0 for no hide.
  • The time (in milliseconds) that it takes for the wheels, carrier, list and frames to hide.
  • Use system logos or only name.
  • Use the icons of the language flags of the games or not.
  • Use the icons of the genres of the games or not (The genre is always indicated with text).
  • Choose the key to initiate a search. (Thanks, liquid8d).
  • Choose the search method.
  • Launch an external utility per system, such AllInOneFYC, closemul, xpadder, joytokey, etc. Path complete and executable.
  • The arguments to pass when running the external utility per system.
  • Launch an external utility with personalized configuration for each game. Path complete and executable.
    You have to create a custom configuration file with the name of each game and put it in the same path of the executable.
  • Extension to add to the name of the game used by the external utility per game: ini, txt, etc.
    To obtain the configuration file, as: GameName.ini, GameName.txt, etc.

All this can be checked perfectly in the video that i leave below, where you can see how, when entering Consoles, as you change the system there is a graphic more or less on the screen than in the previous one or the next console. From having all the graphic options to leaving it alone with texts. So everyone can leave it to their liking.

With the keys up and down you change the game and with the left and right you change the genre (if this does not work like this, you would have to define left and right as a previous filter and a next filter in the Attract-Mode controls configuration).

The overviews of the games will be placed in the \scraper\SYSTEM\overview\GAME.txt folder of your Attract-Mode. In my case, for the Aerobiz game of Sega Genesis, it would be E:\arcade\attract\scraper\Sega Genesis\overview\Aerobiz.txt.

In the color schemes, there are two special ones: Amiga and Spectrum, which, logically, are not included in the "random" option.
Amiga, for the emulation of the Commodore Amiga computer, and Spectrum for the emulation of the Sinclair ZX Spectrum computer. The thing about adding a special scheme for Amiga is because it was the computer that i always wanted and could never have; and the Spectrum, because it was my first computer and i have a special affection... :-[

In the video the color schemes of the three layouts are in random (minus the amiga and the spectrum, obviously), so every time you enter or leave a system, the colors change. But remember that they can be fixed. To me, particularly, the scheme that i like the most is the "blue".

When i say that when using an external utility you have to put the complete path and the executable, i mean, as an example, this: "E:\arcade\systems\computers\spectrum\ZEsarUX 7.0\AllInOneFYC.exe"

Well i think that everything is there, if you need some more explanation, because you know, to ask, that we are here.

The video (it's from the Spanish version, but to see how it works, i think it works well):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9sxjBnx_1k

From here you can download the theme:

English version:https://mega.nz/#!OwcBDSQT!eqp9NEqNeUXa3CHMd3vhasrumpOAQQIFWyqDslbFHeE

Spanish version: https://mega.nz/#!qwFVgKhY!K8cpSafj7Bw0-5_z-rXv0jHFzGC7Bk2iNE4zc_YY99Q

Here are a lot of overviews:

https://github.com/billyc999/RetroFe-Game-info

And i downloaded the systems videos from here:

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/category/16-platform-theme-videos/

Screenshots:

ioflat menu (Main Menu):

ioflat systems (Systems Menu) CARRIER:

ioflat systems (Systems Menu) GRID:

ioflat games (Sinclair ZX Spectrum):

ioflat games (NES):

« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 07:33:31 AM by iOtero »

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
Re: ioflat Theme for Attract-Mode (With System Menus)
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 01:35:37 PM »
looks very extensive,  and clean

im getting ready to check it out! thanks bro
help a friend....

iOtero

• View Profile
Re: ioflat Theme (With System Menus)
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 08:00:21 AM »
Although in the simulations it seemed like that, now I can say that the three themes work perfectly in 4:3, 16:10 and 16:9.

I've been able to see for myself on screens of 1024x768 (4:3), 1440x900 (16:10), 1920:1200 (16:10), 1366x768 (16:9) and 1920x1080 (16:9).

Twobit0

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 08:23:40 PM »
This theme looks amazing.. I cannot get the art to load correctly. how does the naming work? no matter what I do i have blank menus. I feel like I'm missing something simple.

so if i put the catogory videos in a folder called "snap" in the ioflat menu folder it loads them at random for the "system" menu...  >:(    getting frustrated with this.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 10:05:25 PM by Twobit0 »

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 03:25:06 AM »
This theme looks amazing.. I cannot get the art to load correctly. how does the naming work? no matter what I do i have blank menus. I feel like I'm missing something simple.

so if i put the catogory videos in a folder called "snap" in the ioflat menu folder it loads them at random for the "system" menu...  >:(    getting frustrated with this.

I think I should first learn to correctly configure Attract-Mode with a simple theme... because system videos do not go in the ioflat folder, they go in attract/menu-art/snap, and knowing that is basic, friend...

I recommend you read this: http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1100.0

and this: http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=344.0

And then, that you follow step by step the instructions that I give in the post.

Then, any questions you have, explain it here in detail and you will be helped.

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 07:29:29 AM »
New check.

It works in 5:3 and 17:10.

I have checked it in 1280x768 (5:3) and 1024x600 (17:10) and it works perfectly.

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 10:27:40 AM »
In case someone was wondering where to try the screen resolutions:

Monitor BenQ V2400 Eco 24" LED (1920x1080)
Monitor Dell UltraSharp U2412M LED 24" IPS (1920x1200)
Monitor Acer Monitor Acer X193W (1440x900)
Mini laptop Toshiba Libretto U100 (1280x768)
Laptop Alienware M11x R3 (1366x768)
Laptop Apple MacBook (1280x800)
Netbook Samsung N120 (1024x600)
Netbook Samsung N130 (1024x600)
Netbook Acer Aspire One 532h (1024x600)

And my latest acquisition:

Monitor Fujitsu Siemens Scenicview P15-1 (1024x768) that I bought on ebay for 20 euros because i had no screen 4:3.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 10:29:35 AM by iOtero »

Twobit0

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2018, 07:43:45 PM »
ok sorry.  read the systems post and now i have the systems menu working. Figured out that if you make a files in the romlists folder with the names of the systems e.g. (consoles, handhelds, arcade, etc) it will load a sub-menu with those names. 

Where does it look for the art for the systems menu? 
could you post a description of the folder structure?  (where does it look for the art for menu)
how do you set emulators to only appear in each menu?
Can you change the language at the top of the display menu?
I am new to this, but the description of how to set this up properly is confusing.

thanks.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 07:47:51 PM by Twobit0 »

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 04:16:27 AM »
I'm sorry, but there are tutorials for everything you ask. Even in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French and German, in addition to English. You just have to search by Google.

What you should do is learn to configure AM correctly, and that is not the goal of this post. It is not a tutorial, I only offer a theme to be used or not and I think my post is explained in detail how to use it, even with links to get arts and videos compatible with it.

My father used to say that in order to run, you have to learn to walk first.

snock

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 11:09:07 PM »
Hola , se podria usar en una raspberry 3 b+ ?¿

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 02:44:18 AM »
Hola , se podria usar en una raspberry 3 b+ ?¿

Pues sí, al menos en teoría, pero utilizando vídeo solo en la imagen central, no en los carriers, que usan mucho procesador. Las imágenes fijas, bmp, png, jpg, etc. no consumen mucho. Siempre se pueden sacar pantallazos de los videos y ponerlos como flyer, por ejemplo...
Pero no lo sé seguro porque no tengo raspberry.
---------------------
Hello, could you use it on a raspberry 3 b +?
Yes, at least in theory, but using video only in the central image, not carriers, which use a lot of processor. Still images, bmp, png, jpg, etc. They do not consume much. You can always take screenshots of the videos and put them as a flyer, for example ...
But I do not know for sure because I do not have raspberry.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 02:47:43 AM by iOtero »