Author Topic: Please my friends I need help with SCUMMVM (compressed)ziped arquive in RL  (Read 2155 times)

gamesmame

• View Profile
Please my friends I need help...

The module that I have been parcial working, it finds the game in the Rlauncher menu, extracts it to play but when finishing extraction from my .zip it gives this error::

LOG:

https://pastebin.com/y2Yjpyk5
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 09:11:04 AM by gamesmame »

Mark Norville

• View Profile
As no one has replied to you, I might as well.

You might be better off asking in the rocket launcher forum instead of here, just in case it is an issue with rlauncher.

We obviously have nothing to do with the program, it is just an added extra and as I have not used it on AM or even got to scumm yet, then I cannot help you trouble shoot.

Regards

Mark
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville

gamesmame

• View Profile
You might be better off asking in the rocket launcher forum instead of here

Even so, thanks for the attention, I actually posted there too and didn't get any help, but I ended up discovering the problem myself, the problem is that scummvm doesn't accept that I change the name of the game to another name , for example the name there is "Jaspion and Changemam (Windows)" and in scummvm's internal database this is like: "jc" then I had to rename it to make it work using RL I just needed RL because AM dont read the zip and unzippe/uncompress the game for scummvm to read , since SCUMMVM, doesn't read directly zipped files they need to be extract... and if I extract all the games from it they get huge, so the way out was to use RL... Thanks anyway Mark!

Mark Norville

• View Profile
Glad you are all sorted, I know that it sucks when you ask a question but never get a reply, I did that when I first started using AM, but I ended up finding the solution that I wanted by trial and error.

Sadly sometimes though, it is better to unzip stuff as I had my PS2 zipped and I tried loading up one rom direct from the emulator and it caused it to freeze, so in the end I unzipped all of my files. I am looking at 4.15 TB just on that alone, plus I am around 1,000 short on the full collection. I am now looking at 18 tb hard drives as I have three SATA ports free now with a new motherboard.

As I am very anal and OCD about things, I want the whole lot which is pretty expensive I am already on £660 worth of hard drives, and 18TB will set me back another £300 per drive, so in the end I might replace all of the 8TB's otherwise I will have to build another PC just for PC games.

Regards

Mark
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Sadly sometimes though, it is better to unzip stuff as I had my PS2 zipped and I tried loading up one rom direct from the emulator and it caused it to freeze, so in the end I unzipped all of my files. I am looking at 4.15 TB just on that alone, plus I am around 1,000 short on the full collection. I am now looking at 18 tb hard drives as I have three SATA ports free now with a new motherboard.

You should check out this thread http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2290.msg15484#msg15484. Using a compression that is native to the emulator doesn't need to be decompressed. This will save a ton of space and loading times.

Mark Norville

• View Profile
Cheers for that, I am just going to run a test on PS2 games using http://www.softsea.com/download/ISO-Compressor.html

It was the first one that I came across, I shall report my findings in that thread.

Regards

Mark