Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 8.9 [Release] Updated 25 September 2020  (Read 124914 times)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 8.9 [Release] Updated 25 September 2020
« Reply #1140 on: October 15, 2020, 02:02:26 AM »
Cool, I got my mame videos from here: http://www.progettosnaps.net/videosnaps/ and they are at the correct pixel resolution with correct display aspect ratio, but since you have pixel perfect snaps I can fix the layout to make it work with your videos ;)

That sounds like music to my ears, thanks a lot !

If you want to beta-test the feature, you can try with this attached layout: just put it inside your Arcadeflow folder. But before doing that make a copy of the current layout.nut just in case.
This version should use the static snap resolution to set the video resolution so you should be able to see a bit more of your video :)
If you want to see even more, look for the line:

scanrows = 180.0

and increase it, be careful though that if a game has less than the lines you put there, it will look pretty bad.

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 15, 2020, 04:07:07 AM »
Is anyone using arcadeflow with future pinball or visual pinball?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1142 on: October 15, 2020, 04:10:17 AM »
Is anyone using arcadeflow with future pinball or visual pinball?

I'm not sure, but future pinball and visual pinball are both supported by AF as far as system identifier and other data are concerned. I don't think that's the issue, but if you remove the pinball display does it work?

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 15, 2020, 06:33:54 AM »
Yes.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1144 on: October 15, 2020, 06:35:47 AM »
Yes.

Then I need the emulator con fig file from AN emulator folder, that could be helpful

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 15, 2020, 03:23:29 PM »
Yes.

Then I need the emulator con fig file from AN emulator folder, that could be helpful

If I change the layout for the VPX to something besides ArcadeFlow the interface remains usable.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 05:21:28 PM by bionictoothpick »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1146 on: October 15, 2020, 10:21:18 PM »
Yes.

If I change the layout for the VPX to something besides ArcadeFlow the interface remains usable.

Great! I was able to replicate the issue, now I'll be traveling all day so I'll need time to patch a definitive solution, but for the moment try this: in your .cfg file change the line

Code: [Select]
system Pinball
to

Code: [Select]
system Visual Pinball
this should fix it for the moment.

EDIT: Fixed! It was easy, and I'm an idiot: do you remember the patched layout.nut I prepared for you? In that patch I put a workaround but forgot to comment out the old line of code causing the error :D I'll implement it in 9.1 soon
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 10:25:59 PM by zpaolo11x »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1147 on: Today at 01:11:01 AM »
If you're able to have the overlay go over the system select menu, that would be a nice addition.

Hmm I just checked and the overlay should go over the system menu... Are you sure you used the option "Background"->"Custom Overlay" to set the overlay?

bionictoothpick

• He who laughs lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: Today at 05:16:06 AM »
Yes. You can see in the picture how the overlay is there, but the system menu is on top of that overlay.
The image was so big it looked obnoxious in the forum so I deleted it. I'll repost another tonight.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:52:07 AM by bionictoothpick »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #1149 on: Today at 06:21:19 AM »
Yes. You can see in the picture how the overlay is there, but the system menu is on top of that overlay.
The image was so big it looked obnoxious in the forum so I deleted it. I'll repost another tonight.

Don't worry, I saw the picture, no need to re-upload that. I was just asking because I tried with my setup and the layout is correctly "on top" of the displays menu. It may be an issue with z-order, I'll look into it but it is difficult if I can't replicate the issue.